I love Turtle Wax Ice

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
180 Out

I love Turtle Wax Ice

Post by 180 Out »

I'm a total newb here so I don't know how much discussion this Turtle Wax Ice has got in this forum. But I've been using it for almost two years and I swear by it. I just bought an '03 Vibe on Monday, silver with grey cladding, and today I gave it the full Ice treatment: the car wash product, the Liquid Clay, and the Ice liquid polish. This stuff is so great and best of all so easy. I've been messing around with cars for 40 years, all the way back to the Simonize days. I remember my first can of Meguiars blue -- I wouldn't even call it "paste," it was so hard. Kit, Classic, Turtle Wax, Meguiars, Mothers, and a few oddball products in between. Also the Mothers clay bar, many many hours with the Mothers clay bar. Also Meguair glazes and polishes with the buffer and a foam bonnet. So I think I have a decent amount of experience (although I'm not a fanatic), when I say that nothing I've ever used is as easy and effective as Ice. I'm using it on a car with a light yellow single stage enamel, a dark brown heavy metallic (a Buick paint code actually), a black metallic '04 GTO, and now this Vibe. I also used it on a silver Toyota I gave to my kid a year ago. Ice works great on all these. I do the polish a couple times per year, the Liquid Clay once per year, the Ice car wash product with each wash, and the Ice spray detailer every other wash.If you're a lazy guy and you want your car looking good, Ice is the thing.
KNINE

Re: I love Turtle Wax Ice (180 Out)

Post by KNINE »

I tried it on my paint and didn't care much for it. I do like it on my plastic cladding. So I give it
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Whelan

Re: I love Turtle Wax Ice (K-NINE)

Post by Whelan »

*Stabs himeslf with an Epi Pen*K Now that I am standing again and breathing. I won't go off on a rant about the ICE lineup, I'll give you time to move through the forum and see the light, LOL.To each their own, just wait till you see what some good Meguiar's products can do to a Black Pearl Matrix. This Saturday and Sunday, loads of pics.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

hahah I was waiting for whelan to have heart attack on this Yeah I had Meguiars clay bar kit and man it make the MS3 and vibe look silky smooth :D
Whelan

Post by Whelan »

Quote, originally posted by 180 Out »If you're a lazy guy and you want your car looking good, Ice is the thing.I am muting this statement as well.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

haha hey we have to be nice to the new member. Now you can enlighten them with your vast knowledge of detailing!
Whelan

Re: (northvibe)

Post by Whelan »

I'm teasin, I hope he knows it. HEY NEW GUY, JUST KIDDING!New ideas and opinions are welcomed here, we don't take kindly to jerks. But there have been a few posts about the ICE line, for me I just can't go near it. I have my Meguiar's affair and live by it. Everyone here can pretty much vouch for me, but if you want tips or you find things to add, feel free. P.S. - Don't be discourage that my name is in this forum 9,999,999.99 times. I love to try and get the last word in waxing where appropriate.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
Sublimewind

Re: (Whelan)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »I'm teasin, I hope he knows it. HEY NEW GUY, JUST KIDDING!New ideas and opinions are welcomed here, we don't take kindly to jerks. But there have been a few posts about the ICE line, for me I just can't go near it. I have my Meguiar's affair and live by it. Everyone here can pretty much vouch for me, but if you want tips or you find things to add, feel free. P.S. - Don't be discourage that my name is in this forum 9,999,999.99 times. I love to try and get the last word in waxing where appropriate. You with your wax and me with my tires.... lol...
Whelan

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by Whelan »

I know right, except I have to wait till winter to throw my name in tires with AWD lol.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
TONY TAT2

Post by TONY TAT2 »

A HOOD SHOT OF MY 85 ON ICE[IMG][/IMG]R 1/4 SHOT[IMG][/IMG]THERE IS A TRICK THO,ONLY & ONLY WASH & WAX YER RIDE IN "1" DIRECTION,FER GET THE ROUND,YOU WILL NOT GET SWIRL MARKS ETC.MY DEALER OFFERS A FREE WASH WITH EVERY SERVICE,I PASS ON THE WASH.I'LL B DOEN THE VIBE IN ICE,DONE THE G6 & THE G5
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
TONY TAT2

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by TONY TAT2 »

[IMG][/IMG] MUSTANG'S ,YA I HAD A BUNCHTHATS 1 OF MY OLD 2+2'SYANKED OUT THE 289 & POP'D IN A 351WHAD A MEAN 71 COUGAR WITH THE CLEVELAND
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
wjon88

Post by wjon88 »

Yeah that stuff work wounders.. have a buffer or and or polisher... wow