NEW! 2009 Meguiar's Products to Use

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
Whelan

NEW! 2009 Meguiar's Products to Use

Post by Whelan »

Swirl X from Meguiar's, $8.99 retail.The reviews have been phenomenal so far from what I have read and seen. A great product you can get at your auto store either now or shortly depending on when they started shipment. For those that are doing it by hand this product has real good results from what I"ve seen.Personally I am using the M105 Ultra-Cut Compound. Works with machine polishers like the one I have and is better than my M83 in that it leaves less dust and allows more cycling time when applying. I am replacing my M83 with it this year when I do my detail.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
joholste

Re: NEW! 2009 Meguiar's Products to Use (Whelan)

Post by joholste »

yeah i like the m105 a lot...however i still use the 83 with certain cars...such as infinitis as i am using a makita9227 and that paint is too soft to use such an abrasive compound with a rotary. Have you used the 205? 205 has replaced my m80.
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
kevera

Re: NEW! 2009 Meguiar's Products to Use (joholste)

Post by kevera »

Woot...I just bought a water magnet waffle cloth and tech wax 2.0.They also threw in a wash mit for $20.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I saw the word Meguiar's in the thread title, I knew it one of Whelan's. He must own a lot of stock in the company that makes Meguiars stuff.
moongdss

Post by moongdss »

Oh man, let me just lay some love on the Meguiar's claybar kit!!! This was my first true detail this weekend and the bottom half of my car had some serious stuck-on crap. I scrubbed and scrubbed during the was with a bug sponge, and got nowhere. You couldn't see a thing, but you could feel it. It was NASTY!I pulled out my claybar and that stuff came off like nothing!! When I was done, she felt like the day I got her.SAWEEEEET!!
Pandora the 2006 Pontiac Salsa Vibe, 17"wheelsMods: tint, "Pandora" windshield decal, front badge skull overlay, rainguards, hoodguard, Projectorz headlite covers, black painted grills, FIAMM dual-tone horns, black grafxwerks overlays, redouts, Genvibe decals, splashguards, scangaugeII, 12v console outlet, DRL interrupt and I turned off that @#$% seat-belt beep! upcoming: red interior LEDs
Mr Magoo

Re: NEW! 2009 Meguiar's Products to Use (moongdss)

Post by Mr Magoo »

Will the claybar not hurt your clear coat?
2007 Salsa base W/Cladding, 2008 Platinum base W/Cladding Picture: http://forums.genvibe.com/zero...).jpg
joholste

Re: NEW! 2009 Meguiar's Products to Use (Mr Magoo)

Post by joholste »

clay bar does not hurt the clear coat. because you use it after the initial wash, most of the abrasive stuff has been washed off. What it does is pick up the micro particles that are stuck to the paint and cleans it just a little better.
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
Mr Magoo

Post by Mr Magoo »

Has anyone used the #39 Heavy Duty Vinyl cleaner? Wondering about the difference between it and #40. If I'm reading it correctly, I think the #39 is strictly a cleaner, whereas the #40 is a cleaner and a protector. Wondering if the #39 will remove wax residue from the cladding.
2007 Salsa base W/Cladding, 2008 Platinum base W/Cladding Picture: http://forums.genvibe.com/zero...).jpg
wyatt89

Post by wyatt89 »

If my car had enough paint left I would actually care to take care of it.
'04 lava GTSRI, Progress rear sway bar, Infinity reference backs, components in the front, Infinity Kappa 124.7w sub, Alphasonik 600rms@2ohms for the sub, alpine head unit, worst paint ever!
Whelan

Re: NEW! 2009 Meguiar's Products to Use (Mr Magoo)

Post by Whelan »

#39 is definitely more a cleaner only product. So the use of it is for more heavy cleaning. I have used it to goo results before.As for the paint left. The first thing to go would be your clearcoat. Then the paint would fade out. If your waxing and you have car color on your pad then your clear coat is gone. If not, then your coat is still there, albeit a different thickness. But applying the products for protection and to clear up the fading can go a long way. Thin paint or thick paint you can get the right combination to keep a car gleaming.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT