Don't forget the undercarriage!

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
Whelan

Don't forget the undercarriage!

Post by Whelan »

Just a winter FYI to all those in colder climates like myself during this time of year. If you go to a touchless wash or to a do it yourself. Or even to the dreaded wash that uses those so called soft blinds to wash and wipe. Pay the little extra and get the undercarriage. It goes a long way to protecting your car from rust and corrosion underneath. The chemical spray or salt or sand used on roads just kills your underbody, and can cause early replacement of items like your muffler, exhaust piping, catalytic converter, etc. So take that dollar out of your wallet and let the wash do its thing by spraying up and under the car to get that crud off. You should be spraying down the underside of the car all the time anyways, and in the summer, spray a little Simple Green too and rinse. Goes a long way.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
bull77

Post by bull77 »

i try to get a full wash every few weeks in the winter --- it sucks though because it's dirty about 5 minutes later.....
kunkstyle

Re: (bull77)

Post by kunkstyle »

Yup - I take ours through the auto once a week. It's been a real sloppy salty mess here this year.
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.