power waxer

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
oriden

power waxer

Post by oriden »

so today beeing christmas i recived a orbit power polisher/buffer now with that beeing said i usualy use the "turtle wax-HArd Shell" brand. is there something that is better i should be usuing?
Whelan

Re: power waxer (oriden)

Post by Whelan »

whats the brand of the machine. Is it multi-speed, does it oscillate and orbit, how big is the pad size? is it velcro or screw on.Sorry I just like to know what people are using.As for product. Check out http://www.autodetailingsolutions.com for Meguiar's Professional line products. Liquids tend to work a little better with a machine as the product is more easily broken down and put to good use. Plus you ensure a more even coating. Here are some items I use regularly.Meguiar's #83-for heavy swirling and light scratches, cleans the paint and preps it for polish. You apply this to small 2x2 areas and remove immediately as it is a very dense and hard product to work in. Meguiar's #80-Lighter than the 83, it is a polish that cleans the paint and gives it a good longing shine. Again remove immediately after putting it on, it is not as tough as the 83 but can get troublesome if left on. Again small 2x2 sections.Meguiar's #26 (better known to the public as NXT Gen Tech Wax, now in 2.0 form too)-Gives your car a deep wet look that goes on easy and protects like nothing else. Really finishes a car off nicely. I do almost half the car before going back and removing what I did. It covers easily.Oh and don't forget the simple rules of detailing.-Blue tape is your friend-Don't use products for things they are not intended for (i.e. car wax on a windshield, or windex on plastic lamps)-Keep a foam applicator for small areas to be done by hand-Time and patience are your friends. Takes me 6-8 hours.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT