What wax are you putting on your Vibe?

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
jerryn

What wax are you putting on your Vibe?

Post by jerryn »

I bought a 2009 Vibe GT in June. Now that it's September it's time that I get a coat of wax down on the car. What wax are you using? Amy recommendations?
Eloi

Re: What wax are you putting on your Vibe? (jerryn)

Post by Eloi »

Quote, originally posted by jerryn »I bought a 2009 Vibe GT in June. Now that it's September it's time that I get a coat of wax down on the car. What wax are you using? Amy recommendations?I'm using Auri on my cars for several years. It applies very easily and lasts long. I'm always doing 2 wax treatments a year. I did one on my 2009 Vibe in May, and I'll do another one in the upcoming weeks, before the cold weather happens.http://www.auri.com/product_in...bf855
2009 Vibe (2.4L) - Manual - Red Hot Metallic
DarkVibe

Post by DarkVibe »

i should be getting this in today, i can't wait to try it...Zymol carbon wax- Zymol waxes and glazes are not polishes. They provide protection that polishes do not. Each unique formulation of nutritive oils and rare Brazilian Carnauba is designed to protect your car while producing an ultra-brilliant, durable sheen. Carbon Wax, for dark-colored cars, contains 37% Brazilian #1 Yellow Carnauba by volume. Note: You must use Zymol HD-Cleanse to remove old wax, tar and stains before applying any Zymol Waxes or Glazes; otherwise they will not bond to the paint surface. but for your color, it would be, Zymol Creame Wax
2009 Red Vibe GT auto
Whelan

Re: What wax are you putting on your Vibe? (DarkVibe)

Post by Whelan »

Take some tie to float around the Washing and Wax area of the forum. I have posted many useful articles and how-to's and recommendations for the people on this site. I would love to give an opinion for you in terms of the type of wax but you need to be more specific on some items for your car.How often do you wash?How often do you detail?Do you own a polisher/buffer?If so what kind/type/model?How crazy are you about the paint on the car?Do you just wash and wax?Ever use a polisher/cleaner/swirl remover?The list of questions goes on. I could simply sit here and say get some Meguiar's #26 NXT Generation Tech Wax (which 2.0 is now out for sale) as for the money you will not find a better product to use. But again I don't know the color of your car and the many questions above that have been asked. So just saying use this, then you go out, and just put the wax on expecting great results without getting them and you never trust me again, I'm not for it. I'd rather take your car and analyze it on an individual basis so that you are using the right products in the right order and process to get the best coverage for your car.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
jerryn

Re: What wax are you putting on your Vibe? (Whelan)

Post by jerryn »

Answers I detail 3 times/year Spring/Summer/FallMy buffer died. I figured I don't need one for at least 3 years.Yes.. I like the paint to look good.I wash/wax (car wash) every weeksApply wax , spring, summer, fall (last week september/october)I used a clay bar on the Turbo Bettle S I used to have. That worked well.
ajconover

Post by ajconover »

Personally, I like to do the Mother's three step process once every Spring (cleaner, sealer/glaze, wax). Sometimes I do a clay bar treatment after step 1 (the cleaner), if I'm feeling ambitious and I can feel any surface impurities. The three steps can eat an entire day, but the results are great.For the rest of the Summer I usually just use a quick-detailer on the hood and stubborn spots after washings. Before the winter I try to get two coats of wax on it about a week apart to build up a heavier coat. I find that a cleaner-wax one week and then a pure Carnauba wax a week later (both after thorough washings) really seems to protect it though most of the winter. I like the Mother's products, but I know others on this site swear by the Meguiar's products. (I may start a flame war, but in my experience, both companies make high quality products... I just tend to go for the Mother's products out of habit).Frequent washings throughout the winter to keep the salt off the paint really seems to be the key to winter maint.
2006 Stealth two-tone Vibe -- Automatic -- "Preferred Package" -- Otherwise, stock.
Whelan

Re: What wax are you putting on your Vibe? (ajconover)

Post by Whelan »

I detail 3 times/year Spring/Summer/FallIs that a big detail of a wax up. I do 2 times a year, Fall and after Spring. Pollen on the car is never fun to detail in.My buffer died. I figured I don't need one for at least 3 years.Why 3 years? Was that just a number tossed off the top of your head. I only ask because even though you have a new car, that does not mean it won't need the TLC and work of an older car. This is the misconception people get with a new car, that it is fine for a few years. But that just leads to having a lot more work to do after those years to really get the paint back in shape. If you just do the simple steps during a big detail on a twice a year average, you will really be doing a lot to keep that paint clean and fresh. A smooth car does not mean a clean car.Yes.. I like the paint to look good.I only asked because some people like myself are obsessive OCD about it, and I keep microfibers in my hatch to wipe the smallest smudge. It annoys me to see finger prints on the door sill.I wash/wax (car wash) every weeksOnce a week is good, but not always necessary. The more you wash, the more you strip away the cleaners and polishes. If you wash this often, I would suggest adding a sealer/glaze on top of your wax coat to help protect it. Also look into 2 products. 1) Meguiar's Detailer Spray. 2) Eagle 1 Wax-As-U-Dry. They go a long way of inbetween cleanings and after washing protection.Apply wax , spring, summer, fall (last week september/october)So there is no polish/cleaner being put on the paint. Again, wax is just wax, it is not a cleaner, it does not get the paint to a lustrous shine and it will not work as well on a surface without full care.I used a clay bar on the Turbo Bettle S I used to have. That worked well.clay barring after a wash is a good start. But look into swirl removers. I use Meguiar's Professional line #80 for light and #83 for heavy. The key is if you start with a heavy you work up to the light. So if I used #83 I would then go to #80 before putting on the wax coat. It's like wet sanding, you start with a rough grit and work to finer paper to minimze hazing and reduce imperfections.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
DarkVibe

Re: What wax are you putting on your Vibe? (Whelan)

Post by DarkVibe »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »I only asked because some people like myself are obsessive OCD about it, and I keep microfibers in my hatch to wipe the smallest smudge. It annoys me to see finger prints on the door sill.you can't stand a finger print, but a bumper sticker is ok?
2009 Red Vibe GT auto
ClunkClunk

Post by ClunkClunk »

I've been using Klasse All-In-One for a few years now. It's fairly easy to apply, yet produces fairly long lasting results (4 to 5 months for a car that's not garaged).It's a nice balance of price, ease of application, and longevity.
2008 Frosty two tone (and 3 other Vibes)
Whelan

Re: What wax are you putting on your Vibe? (DarkVibe)

Post by Whelan »

Quote, originally posted by DarkVibe »you can't stand a finger print, but a bumper sticker is ok? It's on my rear hatch glass so I can get it off easier in November.Besides I got 8 more (pack of 10 minus two for family), so I can switch it if I feel it is getting too stuck.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
busa1300

Post by busa1300 »

Rejex
2008 Neptune.Leather,Moon and Tunes.Tinted windows, H4 Flex HID Headlights 5KSound Deadened with Damplifier ProSLP Ram Air Hood
Whelan

Re: (busa1300)

Post by Whelan »

Quote, originally posted by busa1300 »Rejexnever heard of it, is it a pure polymer or carnuba based
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
kowell

Post by kowell »

I'm using Napa Bodypro Polymer Liquid Was. The overall result is pretty good for a regular wax but I still need something else to buff out small scratches. it's relativly cheap to buy too.
2009 Vibe 2.4L 1SC - Red Hot Metallic
2011 Sienna V6 CE - Sky Silver
oriden

Post by oriden »

turtle wax hard shell IMHO is the best wax with the price makes my vibe shine fore months the dirt just falls off
DarkSpork

Post by DarkSpork »

I think the brand I am currently using is "Black Magic". Not really the most expensive wax but I like the results. It also smells terrible, like a litter box. But I like what it does.
2003 Pontiac Vibe GT