cleaning my seats

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
hskater26

cleaning my seats

Post by hskater26 »

whats a good product to use to clean the seats......not sure if i can just use resolve or something
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2
Kevzaz

Post by Kevzaz »

If you can get a steam cleaner, use that. Best thing you can really use. I am thinking about renting one.
bull77

Re: cleaning my seats (hskater26)

Post by bull77 »

i'm going to go the steam route soon --- i have a couple of stubborn stains on my 2 front seats
Whelan

Re: cleaning my seats (bull77)

Post by Whelan »

For spots and stains you can use a good high grade carpet cleaner product or foaming product with a bristle brush.I would reccomend that first, then go over the whole interior with a steam clean.You can rent them fairly cheap and it's worthwhile. You'd be amazed how dirty the ceiling fabric can get over the years.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
hskater26

Re: cleaning my seats (Whelan)

Post by hskater26 »

ok thanks ill try the carpet cleaner first and we'll see how it works
-2003 Base Vibe-2002 Ducati ST2
Blueridge9

Re: cleaning my ceiling fabric (hskater26)

Post by Blueridge9 »

I have some dirty hand stains on the ceiling fabric by my Vibe's sunroof that I'm gonna try to get clean. I'll try the carpet cleaner product first since I don't own a steamer and would have to rent that. Thanks for the post.
Blueridge9 2004 Base, 1.8L "The Vibe is a melding of muscular looks, ..utility & economy, sportiness & road-hugging tractability." -Road & Track Magazine Sept. 2008 Pictures: http://s278.photobucket.com/user/blueridge9/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Whelan

Re: cleaning my ceiling fabric (Blueridge9)

Post by Whelan »

Resolve works but can be too harsh for some interior fabrics and cause spotting and discoloring. They make an automotive grade Resolve though. I use Power Out on my interior and a little spray and the scrubber go a long way. For ceilings I simply spray it on and wipe with a damp rag, no scrubbing as you can pull the material around and get pilling and loose fabric. The key for ceilings is to not pull to much. I would even try something soft like a toothbrush and some cleaner like Power Out. Meguiar's makes some interior stuff as well but I have not used it cause I've been happy with what I have now.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
Blueridge9

Re: cleaning my ceiling fabric (Whelan)

Post by Blueridge9 »

Whelan, Thanks I'll do that.
Blueridge9 2004 Base, 1.8L "The Vibe is a melding of muscular looks, ..utility & economy, sportiness & road-hugging tractability." -Road & Track Magazine Sept. 2008 Pictures: http://s278.photobucket.com/user/blueridge9/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MSAGRO

Re: cleaning my ceiling fabric (Blueridge9)

Post by MSAGRO »

What I use for stains on my interior is Scrubbing Bubbles and a hot wet rag.Spray then in circular motion use the rag, then daub up and finish with a dry terry towel. Once it dries, looks new.I actually had bright pink Uniball ink on my Vibe's seat. (the worst)I sprayed the Scrubbing bubbles on the mark. Big white foamy ball, and let it soak for a minute. Unbelievably, after a minute, on top of the foam was a light pink streak. It actually 'wicked' up the stain and was removed.The Scrubbing Bubbles work great for any type of stain. Grease, dirt, pretty much anything.
waveresponder

Re: cleaning my seats (hskater26)

Post by waveresponder »

I need to post a pic of my passenger front seat if i cant get it clean soon its become kinda horrid looking...