Meguiars NXT Tech Wax

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
kunkstyle

Meguiars NXT Tech Wax

Post by kunkstyle »

Has anybody tried this on their Vibe? Saw it in Wallyworld today, thought it might be worth a shot. Would I be safe buying a single bottle? It didn't say how much it covers on the box.
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
Whelan

Re: Meguiars NXT Tech Wax (kunkstyle)

Post by Whelan »

Best product you can buy. #26 Meg's NXT Gen is the best wax you will find anywhere!!Alls it takes is a light covering, just enough to leave a haze on the car, it spreads like melted butter. You can do the whole car before having to remove any. Once it is slightly dried, then you get two towels, one to buff it off, then another to wipe it down. It's worth every penny of the $15-$18 they charge for the product. Think of it as carnuba based wax on steriods. The Tech Wax is synthetic and not carnuba based so here is the best way to know if you should use it.If you have a lighter colored car that is flat, like a flat white, or something, a carnuba base like Meguiar's Gold Class Mirror Glaze works great. If you have a darker color and or metallic flec in the paint. NXT Gen Tech will blow you away with how it makes the car pop!!
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
ajflan

Re: Meguiars NXT Tech Wax (Whelan)

Post by ajflan »

Thats the wax that I use.
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

I've been very happy with the results from the NXT wax. I also use Honda's own wax and both work well.
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
DavidPIL

Post by DavidPIL »

Whelan,Is that the paste? I had the liquid, was very nice and lasted a long time but it didn't hide swirls very well... Bought the paste NXT for my late Summer/Fall waxing and it made my paint look flawless (except for the rock divots in the bumper). I would recommend the Paste over the liquid and the process really isn't that much different, Just read the container.Dave
DavidPIL

Post by DavidPIL »

Kunk,I have waxed my car 4 times and another once with the liquid wax and still have 1/4 of the bottle left (maybe a little more than that).Used the Paste wax twice and still have well over half the container remaining, maybe more like 3/4's or so remaining. It's definitely good stuff and well worth the price.Dave
kunkstyle

Re: Meguiars NXT Tech Wax (DavidPIL)

Post by kunkstyle »

Thanks for all the input! Looks like I'm going shopping tonight.
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
Whelan

Post by Whelan »

Quote, originally posted by DavidPIL »Whelan,Is that the paste? I had the liquid, was very nice and lasted a long time but it didn't hide swirls very well... Bought the paste NXT for my late Summer/Fall waxing and it made my paint look flawless (except for the rock divots in the bumper). I would recommend the Paste over the liquid and the process really isn't that much different, Just read the container.Dave#26 NXT gen is a top coat of wax meant to protect and gloss the paint. For swirl and defect removal you should be using a polish. Polishes are different from waxes in that they clean the paint and restore it. I use Meguiar's #83 for heavy stuff and #80 for the light swirling that develops over time. Most people can get buy with the 3 Step Cleaner, Polish, Wax process, but since I have a Meguiar's G100 buffer I use that with the professional lineup.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
DavidPIL

Post by DavidPIL »

Whelan,I'm sorry I didn't clarify... the first and 3rd times I used the liquid "consumer" product most typical wax buyers get was in the 3 step Deep Crystal process, Cleaner/Polish/Wax. I replaced the Carnauba in the 3rd step with the Nxt Gen Tech liquid. The very last time I used the Nxt Gen Tech Liquid, I tried the Turtle Wax Liquid Claybar then the liquid NXT Gen. I could see every little swirl from the wax application... so I decided on the NXT Gen Tech Paste, which states, it removes swirl and light scratches. This was almost 2 months later - Liquid Claybar once again but not as vigorous except on the front fascia and the NXT Gen Tech Paste. The swirls were taken care of and I found the paste to be slightly easier to deal with than the liquid.For some, it might seem like I do the paint cleaning a bit much but I do put a lot of miles on my car thus I get many bug guts. those don't come out so easily with normal cleaning especially when I don't always get the chance to hand-wash while on the road.The NXT Gen Paste container information says it removes swirl and minor scratches.. and it does very well.Dave
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

right now im using meguiars deep crystal step 3 wax..and it seems to work really well aswell..once im done this bottle..i'd like to definitly try thr nxt stuff
Whelan

Post by Whelan »

Quote, originally posted by DavidPIL »Whelan,I'm sorry I didn't clarify... the first and 3rd times I used the liquid "consumer" product most typical wax buyers get was in the 3 step Deep Crystal process, Cleaner/Polish/Wax. I replaced the Carnauba in the 3rd step with the Nxt Gen Tech liquid. The very last time I used the Nxt Gen Tech Liquid, I tried the Turtle Wax Liquid Claybar then the liquid NXT Gen. I could see every little swirl from the wax application... so I decided on the NXT Gen Tech Paste, which states, it removes swirl and light scratches. This was almost 2 months later - Liquid Claybar once again but not as vigorous except on the front fascia and the NXT Gen Tech Paste. The swirls were taken care of and I found the paste to be slightly easier to deal with than the liquid.For some, it might seem like I do the paint cleaning a bit much but I do put a lot of miles on my car thus I get many bug guts. those don't come out so easily with normal cleaning especially when I don't always get the chance to hand-wash while on the road.The NXT Gen Paste container information says it removes swirl and minor scratches.. and it does very well.DaveNo need for apologies. There has been a never ending debate between pastes and liquids. The paste will remove very light swirling, probably a small bit more than the liquid. But I use the liquid cause its easier to apply to the wheel. You cant go wrong with anything Meguiar's, they haven't been around for 100 years for nothing!
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
fredfreedom

Post by fredfreedom »

It's the wax I use. I take the liquid one because it's easy to buff out. It gives very great results!I wax twice a year: 3 coats of wax in spring, just after winter to restore protection, and 3 coats in autumn, right before winter.The NXT wax easily last 6 months and water is doing lot of pearls!
2007 Moonstone VIBE FWD Special Edition with XM Satellite Radio, Stainless exhaust tip, 7 speakers, power group, 16 inch mags, Monotone, A/T, Slate interior, 50/80% Llumar platinium tinted windows, Sherlock Antitheft Marking, Barry Danne Grease Rust-Proofing, K&N air filter, MiVibe-ToolGuy fog lights protector, DIY 3M Filtrete cabin air filter, Toyota rear bumper protector, more to come...TOTALLED 2007-07-17 R.I.P. 2005 Moonstone VIBE FWD
kunkstyle

Re: Meguiars NXT Tech Wax (fredfreedom)

Post by kunkstyle »

Picked some up the other night, and I'll be waxing it on thanksgiving weekend (the canadian one). Expect pictures...
1zzfe_808

Post by 1zzfe_808 »

are you like a meguiars rep?
Whelan

Re: Meguiars NXT Tech Wax (1zzfe_808)

Post by Whelan »

Haha nope, I just use everything I can Meg's. I float around their forum over there as well. Oh, and I have rights to use the logo and name in print when doing side jobs of detailing
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
GMJAP

Re: Meguiars NXT Tech Wax (1zzfe_808)

Post by GMJAP »

I also use the NXT Tech and been very happy with the results.As Whelan said, to get rid of swirls use a polish. HOWEVER, it is important that you both applying and remove the polish in straight line motions; do not use circular motions or an orbital buffer! That will actually bring out the swirls.I use Mother's Deep Crystal Polish (or someting like that, can't remember the exact name.)
2005 Platinum Base ManualSide & Curtain AirbagsABSPower PackageTinted Windows"Mods": 'old-style' center armrest, center +12v, wheelskins leather steering wheel, AC/Recirc blue backlight, beeps on keyless entry, dome light switch, AC insulation, PCD10 10-disc CD/MP3 changer, AAI-GM12 AUX audio input, K&N filter, "shark fin" antenna.
Whelan

Re: Meguiars NXT Tech Wax (GMJAP)

Post by Whelan »

The G100 is a dual action orbital with 6 speeds Love it. They have a new model coming out in November.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

I just waxed my Vibe with the paste version of the NXT wax. Awesome results...However my vibe needs a full detail treatment and I just dont have the patentice to do it myself. But this wax does an awesome job.
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Just used Megs NXT ( liquid ) after a good claybar & the results are just stunning. It poured out the bottle like melted butter and was VERY easy to remove by hand. I was so impressed I did a second coat. The paint finish is smooth as glass to the touch. It is a little pricey but I figured if I was going to claybar I might as well use a quality wax. I decided to use NXT over thier Gold Class because its supposed to last up to six months. Im very happy with the results.I find myself standing back to check out my car before I get in LOL.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
Whelan

Re: (cptnsolo77)

Post by Whelan »

Keep in mind (I've noted it before I'm sure). Gold Class Mirror wax or any wax that is Carnuba based is a natural wax so it can break down sooner. NXT Gen Tech and Tech 2.0 are synthetics.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT