How can I cleanit safely

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
Zorren

How can I cleanit safely

Post by Zorren »

I noticed that the interior door panel where i grab to shut the door is getting discolored with the dirt from my hands what is the best way to clean this area. It is cloth and i am afraid its cardboard backed so if it gets wet it might start pulling away.
Mrs. White: Yes, I did it. I killed Yvette. I hated her so... much... it... it... the... it... the... fee... flames... flames... on the side of my face... heaving... breathless... heaving breaths...
kevera

Re: How can I cleanit safely (Zorren)

Post by kevera »

I've had good success with this product "Folex".I've cleaned mine every year since new,and no problems yet.http://www.folexcompany.com/index.html
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

folex has an awesome website color scheme huh kev lol ..do they sell that stuff at crappy tire? or is it just from this website
kevera

Re: (WaveAction)

Post by kevera »

Purple is my favorite color. Crappy tire does sell it for $9.This stuff is great.I had cooking oil spilled on my seat from a camping trip,took it all out.It also does a great job on the light colored headliner.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

nice..gonna have to pick some up..i bought some of this simple green stuff for the interior but havent used it yet...have you tried it out yet? its in a black spray bottle
kevera

Post by kevera »

No not yet.I tried this stuff because a friend of mine,who is a slob,and has a super dirty car,used this stuff.I couldn't believe how well it worked.Since then,I haven't bothered to use anything else.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

went by canadian tire and couldnt find it..unless it's in a different department..maybe household or something..the auto didnt have it..i'll have to search for it abit more
kevera

Post by kevera »

It's in the aisle with all the cleaners(household),in with the carpet and spot cleaners.In Canada the bottle is the same but with green lettering instead of the American purple.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

ahh alright..i'll have to check that out on my lunch tomorrow..gotta get a few more cleaners for the car and im set..just need some rim cleaner and some engine shampoo
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

I would think diluted Simple Green would do just as well.... Or anything for that matter. I wouldn't worry much about the panel, it's made to stand up to water, i mean, what happens if you happen to leave the window down??? It's not going to swell up like pop-corn now, is it.... They also sometimes get water on the back side from rain/car washing... Again, i wouldn't be super worried...
Whelan

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by Whelan »

The paint on the inside door jams is typically a little thinner than the paint on the exterior. Wipe the area down with a wet soapy rag and then a wet rag then dry. Then go through the same paint process you would for detailing the rest of your car. One really good thing to do is each time you wash, wipe that area dry, and each time you detail, throw a coat of wax in the door jams for protection.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
Sublimewind

Re: (Whelan)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by Whelan »The paint on the inside door jams is typically a little thinner than the paint on the exterior. Wipe the area down with a wet soapy rag and then a wet rag then dry. Then go through the same paint process you would for detailing the rest of your car. One really good thing to do is each time you wash, wipe that area dry, and each time you detail, throw a coat of wax in the door jams for protection. Hay mang, he was talking about the CLOTH areas... where the door handle is...