That new "ICE" wax

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
Vibe_dude

That new "ICE" wax

Post by Vibe_dude »

was wondering if anyone tryied it out yet...I think its called turtle wax ice.saw it at Crappy tire...I think it was 20$ a bottle....was thinkin about trying it to see if it was good.but thought i would wait and see if anyone else tryied it first.http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,1,1
LOVE THAT VIBE 2003 Satilite Silver auto.......188,000kms.2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer White 4.2 Inline 6 291hp auto.........156,000kms.
joholste

Re: That new "ICE" wax (Vibe_dude)

Post by joholste »

the Ice spray detailer works really well... I don't know about the wax I haven't used that before.
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
CountryVibe

Re: That new "ICE" wax (joholste)

Post by CountryVibe »

I used it about a month ago before the meet. i worked well for 1 coat. the nice thing about it is you can put it over plastic parts to shine them up and it will not hurt it. the one thing i found out about it is make sure it fully drys before you buff it off
2005 GTmoons & tunes, keyhole covers, SRI,2.5" borla catback exhaust, seatbelt beep deletedWagons Rule.......Sedans Drool
Vibe_dude

Post by Vibe_dude »

Ya i think i may have to get a bottle of the liquid stuff..never liked a paste of any wax brand.read some really good reviews about the wax.so have to wait and see.
LOVE THAT VIBE 2003 Satilite Silver auto.......188,000kms.2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer White 4.2 Inline 6 291hp auto.........156,000kms.
keithvibe

Re: (Vibe_dude)

Post by keithvibe »

I have it and have been using it for over a year... I LOVE IT.... no more worrying about getting wax on the black plastic trim and turning it white. NO more taping off the plastic trim before waxing.... GET IT AND DON't LOOK BACK! Only down side is one application will not last an entire year... You will need to do at least two maybe three applications threw out the year to keep the coverage.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
5lbsofswisscheese

Post by 5lbsofswisscheese »

Wow. I may have to get some of that stuff. Biggest pain in the (removed) for me was getting up early enough to wash & wax my car while keeping it out of direct sunlight (got a garage full of crap). Second biggest problem was getting wax on the roof rack.
2004 Fusion Vibe GTMoon & Tunes, 6-CD changer, 17" Wheels, Power Package35% tint17"x7" Enkei 5+ wheels, 215/50/R17 Fuzion Zri tires(Goodbye to the old '03 Neptune GT! I'll always have the radio to remember it by.)
MassiveOverkill

Post by MassiveOverkill »

Have any of you that used this used Zaino?
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

I've had the detail spray before and loved it... It was easy as heck to put on and wiped right off. Looked and felt pretty slick. I even used it to detail the engine compartment - everything from plastic, rubber, painted and unpainted metal - every surface looked great! Only bummer was it didn't last all that long, but it was great while it lasted. I need to pick up a bottle of the wax and try it out.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Vibe_dude

Re: That new "ICE" wax (ColonelPanic)

Post by Vibe_dude »

Well finally got a good day to use it......and man do I ever love this stuff.Oh it goes on so sweet and no elbow grease to get it off.took about 20 mins to do my Honda accord....have not had time to do teh vibe yet....I love how u can do the trim and mirrors.headights,taillights.....evrything in 1 shot.I would recommand this to anyone.
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by Vibe_dude »Well finally got a good day to use it......and man do I ever love this stuff.Oh it goes on so sweet and no elbow grease to get it off.took about 20 mins to do my Honda accord....have not had time to do teh vibe yet....I love how u can do the trim and mirrors.headights,taillights.....evrything in 1 shot.I would recommand this to anyone.COM on now... do you think I would steer you wrong...???
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
DavidPIL

Re: That new "ICE" wax

Post by DavidPIL »

Hi All...I have never tried this stuff though I did purchase the Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Clay bar and it seems ok, but didn't really do so well on the light swirl marks like it said it would. I'm working on my mother's car tomorrow. It hasn't been waxed since she bought it 2 years ago! I get her car maybe 2 times a year to detail it. Usually just work on the insides because of weather but this time I will try the liquid clay bar on hers.I really chimed in because I was wondering if this Ice Wax is anything like the old, I think it was, Finish 2001. Though I do see that they have it in a green bottle now, I remember way back in the mid-80's Turtle Wax had a product that was in a clear bottle, the product itself was clear as well, looked like a gel, never hazed up, never ruined plastic (though there wasn't quite as much on cars then). It also had a vinyl protectant as well in the line. It was very greasy but protected well. You all descrive how it goes on and buffs off... it really reminds me of that older product from 20 years ago. Just wondering if anyone knows...Dave
keithvibe

Re: That new "ICE" wax (DavidPIL)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by DavidPIL »Hi All...I have never tried this stuff though I did purchase the Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Clay bar and it seems ok, but didn't really do so well on the light swirl marks like it said it would. I'm working on my mother's car tomorrow. It hasn't been waxed since she bought it 2 years ago! I get her car maybe 2 times a year to detail it. Usually just work on the insides because of weather but this time I will try the liquid clay bar on hers.I really chimed in because I was wondering if this Ice Wax is anything like the old, I think it was, Finish 2001. Though I do see that they have it in a green bottle now, I remember way back in the mid-80's Turtle Wax had a product that was in a clear bottle, the product itself was clear as well, looked like a gel, never hazed up, never ruined plastic (though there wasn't quite as much on cars then). It also had a vinyl protectant as well in the line. It was very greasy but protected well. You all descrive how it goes on and buffs off... it really reminds me of that older product from 20 years ago. Just wondering if anyone knows...DaveDoubtful, The new Ice is Clear and a liquid but does get a slight haze on it, it's not a gel.but a slight change to the line and who knows.
sylvainber

Re: (MassiveOverkill)

Post by sylvainber »

I have used the Zaino stuff... it lasts a lot longer than any wax i've ever tried.it is time consuming to get it right (as would be with any fine detailing). You have to wash the car with a simple detergent (i used plain dawn), use a wet clay to get all the fine smudge off the car (you won't believe how much crud is left on after you do a simple wash). then you apply the zaino (not unlike any wax) and wipe/buff by hand afterwards.the result is like a liquid finish paint (i have a salsa red 2 tone). the water beaded on it for months after the application. wax will only last about a month.one guy did a test and posted photos on the net a while back... the zaino stuff outlasted the other products almost 2:1.if like me you have the unpainted cladding, they have a separate product for dark surfaces. worked beautifully.NOTE: it's worth looking for alllcotton terry towels to do your buffing with. beware of budget all cotton towels: may have polyester blended in the base fabric (the loose weave in which the terry loops are anchored), the poly will scratch the clear coat if you press hard enough.sylvain
Salsa 2-tone Basecargo nets, liner and seatback storageThe best thing about having my previous car totaled in an accident is that i got a Vibe to replace it
scott_h

Post by scott_h »

Has anyone used this that has also used the Meguiars NXT to compare? I love the NXT - very easy to use as well...
Scott
MassiveOverkill

Re: (sylvainber)

Post by MassiveOverkill »

Yep, I've been using Zaino for about 3 years now, and we just had a torrential downpour and aftewards it looked like I had just waxed my car again. My cladding is painted gloss. The only place I don't use Zaino is on my tires, LOL. At first, I was using too much Zaino and now I just barely haze the surface and do multiple passes using the accelerator additive. I only use all-cotton towels as well.
Whelan

Re: (MassiveOverkill)

Post by Whelan »

Nothing will ever beat out a good coating of Meguiar's NXT Wax, that stuff is ridiculous. I just ordered that, some pads, new backing plate, and a few towels and some #40 interior and clad cleaner/polish. But they do make a paste wax that is called #16. A lot of detailers know of this product, it was off the shelf for a few years but has made a comeback due to popular demand. It comes out here and there and when it does people buy hundreds of dollars of it at a time to stock up. I think it goes for about $25 a can.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
truckdriver402

Post by truckdriver402 »

I just tried this stuff. I wasn't too impressed. I expected, for all the hype, the shine to last much longer than it did. I think I'm gonna try the Meguiar's NXT next. I've always heard that you can't go wrong with Meguiar's.
Whelan

Re: That new "ICE" wax (truckdriver402)

Post by Whelan »

Meguiar's is your friend
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
melders

Re: That new "ICE" wax (truckdriver402)

Post by melders »

Quote, originally posted by truckdriver402 »I think I'm gonna try the Meguiar's NXT next. I've always heard that you can't go wrong with Meguiar's.Its the Best!
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT - Jet Black Metallic