Cleaning dots from back windshield and exhaust

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
KrazyB

Cleaning dots from back windshield and exhaust

Post by KrazyB »

Does any one else ever notice dots on there back windshields? I see them on many cars and would like to know hom to remove them or what causes them. Also my exhaust just does not look like new any more lots of corrusion it is still stock, and I would like to know if any one knows of something that would clean it well. Thanks
ColonelPanic

Re: Cleaning dots from back windshield and exhaust (KrazyB)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Like the big dots that are light in color and go from top to bottom in a line that you can only see from certain angles? You can REALLY see those with a pair of polarized shades on. If that's what you're talking about, I've always just assumed they were there as a result of the glass being formed, or perhaps something with the tinting. I don't think those will come off.Or are you talking about the little black dots on the inside of the glass, the "dot matrix" stuff?For the exhaust, get yourself a can of Nevr-Dull from the local auto parts store. It's this wool like stuff that you pull out of the can and use that to polish the exhaust. It works very well, see my thread here about it, complete with a before/after picture: http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=17944
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
keithvibe

Re: Cleaning dots from back windshield and exhaust (ColonelPanic)

Post by keithvibe »

the halos are formed when the window is made. Nothing you can do about the halos left behind, unless like Colonel mentioned about the dot matrix put on to shade certain areas, there isn't anything you can do about that either. VERY< VERY fine steel wool will take off the rust but will leave behind fine scratch marks. You could also try navel jelly. It will desolve rust.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
CAN-AWD-VIBE

Re: Cleaning dots from back windshield and exhaust (ColonelPanic)

Post by CAN-AWD-VIBE »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »For the exhaust, get yourself a can of Nevr-Dull from the local auto parts store. It's this wool like stuff that you pull out of the can and use that to polish the exhaust. It works very well, see my thread here about it, complete with a before/after picture: http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=17944 this stuff works great on exhaust tips!!!not too sure about what you are seeing in the glass... will it show up in a pic?
CAN-AWD-VIBE03 Neptune AWDInjen CAI, Hotchkis springs, custom magnaflow exhaust w/4" tip, tint, window deflectors, stubby antenna, 3pc Mr. Grille, foglight conversion mod, Grafxwerks front & steering wheels overlays, Injen oil cap, strut tower brace, P225/45R17 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, 17" ADR Sokudos
KrazyB

Re: Cleaning dots from back windshield and exhaust (KrazyB)

Post by KrazyB »

It is the big dots that run from top to bottom, and I really do see them well with my polorized shades on. I was going to try the never dull thanks for the tips and fast replies. I also do not think the dots would show up in a pic but I will check it out.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

if you see the "dots" without sunglasses, that's pretty impressive.as has been said, it's a result of the manufacturing process of the glass. might be related to the lamination. in any case, it can't be removed.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
zionzr2

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by zionzr2 »

If the light hits mine just right i can see them too. Polarized shades definatly bring them out. There is nothing that can be done except replace the glass and even then there is no guarentee. THis is in the glass itself.
ragingfish

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by ragingfish »

Quote, originally posted by zionzr2 »THis is in the glass itself.It's also been on just about every car I've ever seen on the road...Replacing the glass, IMHO, makes about as much sense as replacing the whole engine in a car when it's time for an oil change.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)