New toy!

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
NewNeptune

New toy!

Post by NewNeptune »

http://www.karcher-usa.com/sho...aram3=Won it for $65 Samsclub.com auctions. Sure beats $5 a pop at the auto carwash. Brushless too! Anyone else have a pressure washer they use to wash their car? Do you like it?
2006 Pontiac Vibe Base, Automatic, Power PackageSony CDX-GT300Upgraded Horns
Jon6873

Re: New toy! (NewNeptune)

Post by Jon6873 »

I had a Karcher electric washer before and it will never wash as good as a brush. Plus I always worried about geeting too close and damaging the paint, especially on the painted plastic claddings.
'06 Automatic Vibe (Base)Salsa
new05vibeowner

Re: New toy! (Jon6873)

Post by new05vibeowner »

My electric pressure washer is 1300psi, and I decided to wash my at-the-time company car (Intrepid) with it. I took a nice hunk of paint off the back bumper, and the jet was about 1/2 way between "cut a hole in steel" and "fan" setting.Thank goodness it wasn't "my" car.I will never, ever, use a power washer on a car again, unless it's just up in the wheelwells.Should you choose not to heed my advice, please, for God's sake, be careful. The Vibe's paint is thin enough!
Mods: 04 center armrest, 04 Matrix AM/FM/CD/Cassette, Electrochromatic rear view mirror w/compass, GM hood protector, Ventvisors on doors and moonroof, one-touch close moonroof. added 12v outlet in console, Goodyear TripleTred tires, Sirius satellite radio.
NewNeptune

Post by NewNeptune »

It didn't work all that well. I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed and still had streaks all over where there was soap. Plus areas that still looked dusty (even though I went over it with a mit). I didn't have any problems with the paint though. It was 1650 psi and I got it about an inch away from the paint during rinse.
2006 Pontiac Vibe Base, Automatic, Power PackageSony CDX-GT300Upgraded Horns
Katscan

Re: (NewNeptune)

Post by Katscan »

The thing I would worry about is that the power washer turning the dirt on your car into sandpaper. Nothing(imho) beats a good sponge and a bucket to wash your car. Its like using the touch free car washes....they never get the car completely clean.