Headlight Lenses Scratched and Yellowed...Advice Needed

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
JohnC

Headlight Lenses Scratched and Yellowed...Advice Needed

Post by JohnC »

Has anyone tried buffing out the scratches/UV damage to the plastic headlight lenses? What type of polishing product do you use? I have used the red and white jewlers rouge with some succses, but the lenses start showing scratches/yellowing again fairly soon. Here is a product I found on a detailing site, it is pretty pricey, and I don't know how well it works.My car stays out in direct AZ scortching sun all the time, so it is getting dried up and wrinkled like all other inhabitants around here.Anyone have some good advice/tips?http://www.detailcity.com/foru....html
Base Two Tone Satellite, Auto, & Pwr Pkg....my current commuting car.
Kilroi

Post by Kilroi »

try mcGuire's cleaner for plastic . Used it on my son's '97 Chrysler and cleared about 80% of the dullness...but had to do it twice. Also heard of "Permatix" for lexan head lamps - it refinishes them for about $15...;heard on local car talk show
gotta ride
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Yeah my dad got me some plastic/headlight scratch/dull wax stuff. it helped a little but the problem was on the inside of the headlight was where it was messed up (seal for headlight case was broken).