brake dust & polished lip on wheels

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
meistees

brake dust & polished lip on wheels

Post by meistees »

the polished lip on my front wheels is all junked up from brake dust ..what is the best way to clean them without messing anything up..I tried scrubbing with water and soap but the lip is still dull and dirty
Genvibe Garageormy car at cardomain
damronjr

Re: brake dust & polished lip on wheels (meistees)

Post by damronjr »

Wheel or metal polish works great.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
JohnC

Re: brake dust & polished lip on wheels (meistees)

Post by JohnC »

Here is a cut-n-paste frome one of my favorite products...BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Audi, VW and Volvo all use and recommend P21S Wheel Cleaners to remove brake dust and road grime from their alloy wheels. This wheel cleaner has the best reputation for wheel safety of any product available. P21S is a non-acid, water-based detergent that safely cleans all painted, clear-coated, polished or anodized wheels. P21S Gel formula is 50% stronger for wheels with excessive brake dust coatings. I recommend the Gel formula for any car that creates excessive brake dust. 500 ml. spray bottle. Imported from Germany. about $17Here is a link to where you can get it.http://store.yahoo.com/autopia/p21-105g.html
Base Two Tone Satellite, Auto, & Pwr Pkg....my current commuting car.
meistees

Post by meistees »

thanks I'll have to check that out..Motegi Racing told me to use that WheelWax crap it sucked
Genvibe Garageormy car at cardomain