coke spill!!! HELLLPP!!!!

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
ramenboy...

coke spill!!! HELLLPP!!!!

Post by ramenboy... »

arrrgh! my daughter accidentally spilled some coke in the backseat! anybody with tips on how to clean this up? there was an accident with spilled MILK in my old rodeo, and that was in the middle of a hot summer, and it was a disaster. luckily, its not 100+ degrees inside the car yet.any help will be hella appreciatedthanx in advance,
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
JohnC

Re: coke spill!!! HELLLPP!!!! (ramenboy...)

Post by JohnC »

Club Soda...soak it in then blot up the stain, do not wipe it. It won't hurt it to get it soaking wet and continue to blot turning to a clean dry spot on the rag each time. You can always try it in a non-conspicuous area first just to make sure it is colorfast.
Base Two Tone Satellite, Auto, & Pwr Pkg....my current commuting car.
ramenboy...

Re: coke spill!!! HELLLPP!!!! (JohnC)

Post by ramenboy... »

thanx john. was able to blot it up as soon as it happened. once it gets warmer, i can get in and use some elbow grease, i mean club soda.
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
mcgusto82

Re: coke spill!!! HELLLPP!!!! (ramenboy...)

Post by mcgusto82 »

aside from cleaning the cushiom. there is a cavity under the seat. not a cavity, but a countor where liquids can collect. they can tel splash onto the floor and the carpet will collect it. i don't know how much soda was spilled, but when i spilled used oil on the back of the vibe, it traveled all the way to the floor behind the passenger front seat.there are 3 bolts to undo and you can fold the lower cushioms up to clean it up.
ramenboy...

Re: coke spill!!! HELLLPP!!!! (mcgusto82)

Post by ramenboy... »

thanx gus.not alot spilled to soak all the way through the cushion (knock on wood) but enough to ground her from nintendo for about an hour (i'm a softy). i'll check out the underside too. thanx guys!
de-badged o4 vibe
o2 triumph speed four
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

on a related note, whats the best to clean up barf? long story, but my friends gf got a little barf on my passanger seat, i cleaned it up with some cleaning solution and water, its like -10 here, but is there anything else i should do?
ColonelPanic

Re: (northvibe)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »on a related note, whats the best to clean up barf? long story, but my friends gf got a little barf on my passanger seat, i cleaned it up with some cleaning solution and water, its like -10 here, but is there anything else i should do?The easiest and best way to eliminate your friend's girlfriend's vomit from your vehicle's interior is to bring the car to her and let her clean it up. Quote, originally posted by 2003 Owner's Manual 6-63 »Special Fabric Cleaning Problems Stains caused by such things as catsup, coffee (black), egg, fruit, fruit juice, milk, soft drinks, vomit, urine and blood can be removed as follows: 1. Carefully scrape off excess stain, then sponge the soiled area with cool water. 2. If a stain remains, follow the cleaner instructions described earlier. 3. If an odor lingers after cleaning vomit or urine, treat the area with a water/baking soda solution: 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of baking soda to 1 cup (250 ml) of lukewarm water. 4. Let dry. Stains caused by candy, ice cream, mayonnaise, chili sauce and unknown stains can be removed as follows: 1. Carefully scrape off excess stain. 2. First, clean with cool water and allow to dry completely. 3. If a stain remains, follow the cleaner instructions described earlier. Cleaning VinylUse warm water and a clean cloth. Rub with a clean, damp cloth to remove dirt. You may have to do it more than once. Things like tar, asphalt and shoe polish will stain if you don’t get them off quickly. Use a clean cloth and a vinyl/leather cleaner. See your dealer for this product. Cleaning LeatherUse a soft cloth with lukewarm water and a mild soap or saddle soap and wipe dry with a soft cloth. Then, let the leather dry naturally. Do not use heat to dry. For stubborn stains, use a leather cleaner. See your dealer for this product. Never use oils, varnishes, solvent-based or abrasive cleaners, furniture polish or shoe polish on leather. Soiled or stained leather should be cleaned immediately. If dirt is allowed to work into the finish, it can harm the leather.So in summary, baking soda and water! But I also highly recommend giving your interior an overdose in every possible chemical you can find and use for such a purpose if it will cause no adverse health reactions for you or your passengers.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
mcgusto82

Re: (northvibe)

Post by mcgusto82 »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »on a related note, whats the best to clean up barf? long story, but my friends gf got a little barf on my passanger seat, i cleaned it up with some cleaning solution and water, its like -10 here, but is there anything else i should do?yeah. get her a** back to your car and make her clean it.
BOZACK

Re: (mcgusto82)

Post by BOZACK »

The best thing is to steam clean the interior for anything. Anything but fruit juice. The dyes in fruit juice will redye your carpet for sure. Coke and coffee will come out with some hot water, a stiff brush, mild detergent and some elbow grease if you don't have a steam cleaner.
Monotone Neptune, pow pac, 17" stock rims, K&N air filter, bumper guard, custom pedels, brake light cover, billet oil cap
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

she left to iowa but ill check my car tomorrow...i think i drove it the other night and didnt notice anything..hopefully i cleaned it good.