Busch Chrome Wash

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
viberationz

Busch Chrome Wash

Post by viberationz »

So after I go spend an arm and a leg at the tire shop for new rims and tires - they throw in some cleaner - letting me know if I am not satisfied with it - to take the remaining back and they will give me something different. I ended up taking the Busch Chrome Wash off the shelf, pic of product in the file attachment.Has anyone used this stuff? They told me that it is nasty stuff when you don't fallow the directions, but if I do what the bottle says it should do the trick (keep up the shine, get rid of brake dust etc. which is my main concern - damn brake dust!).The rims unfortunatly have cheap plastic (?) center caps and the bottle warns you not to apply to plastic. I am scared to use something on my rims that I haven't heard of - to boot my first set of chromies.Any input?

Attached files
'03 Monotone Black Vibe GT5% Tint, 147.7DB System, Pioneer AVIC-N1, 2G Wiring, Red Calipers, APC Race Seats, Red Interior Accents, 'Big' Breaks, 1 Big fart can out back, 18" Platinum XCess Wheels, Federal SS595 Tires
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

maybe you could either tape off the caps or remove them for the cleanning process.I myself have never heard of the stuff. I'm running stock steelies with stock plastic wheel covers.
Stang2Vibe

Re: Busch Chrome Wash (viberationz)

Post by Stang2Vibe »

If the wheels are true chrome on steel wheels, keep them clean and wax them often. People I've known who had chrome aftermarket wheels have told me they have to do this faithfully to prevent rust.
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
ToolGuy

Re: Busch Chrome Wash (viberationz)

Post by ToolGuy »

Mothers Rim Cleaner... Works 100% and on stubborn brake dust. Safe for all rims, clear coat and plastic. I have used many, many products before it, it works. Stay away from the spray on, wipe offs, they work for just about dust only!