A new way for me to mess up my paint.

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
redlava

A new way for me to mess up my paint.

Post by redlava »

My Father got me a Turtlewax orbital buffer for Christmas. Probably in hopes that I would use it at his house so I could use it on his truck for him. I am predicting that it will take me approximately 5 minutes to put a horrible swirl mark in the paint that I won't be able to get out. I will just have to wait and see until it gets a wee bit warmer.
ToolGuy

Re: A new way for me to mess up my paint. (redlava)

Post by ToolGuy »

Orbitals are pretty safe, it is the non-orbitals that can burn paint if left on a section too long! I have both but then again know how to use both...You will be fine! I use and only recommend 3M products with mine but there are a lot of others out there.
Stang2Vibe

Re: A new way for me to mess up my paint. (MiVibe-ToolGuy)

Post by Stang2Vibe »

to 3M products!
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
viberationz

Re: A new way for me to mess up my paint. (redlava)

Post by viberationz »

I like turtle wax, but have never used a buffer. The stuff I get is a thick-ish white (sometimes green) wax on wax off product. I like it - but everyone says it's crap. How did your buffer work out?
'03 Monotone Black Vibe GT5% Tint, 147.7DB System, Pioneer AVIC-N1, 2G Wiring, Red Calipers, APC Race Seats, Red Interior Accents, 'Big' Breaks, 1 Big fart can out back, 18" Platinum XCess Wheels, Federal SS595 Tires