icy windows - on the inside

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
willawanca

icy windows - on the inside

Post by willawanca »

since the weather got colder my windshield has been acting rather strangley. The inside of my vibe is as icy as the outside. I don't enjoy scraping the inside of my car, so I was hoping someone had some advice.thanks in advance!-Will
BlueCrush

Re: icy windows - on the inside (willawanca)

Post by BlueCrush »

Is your vent setting on fresh air from outside or recirculating the inside air. If it is one recirculate then switch it to fresh air. That should help.If that doesn't work then there may be other issues involved. Does your heat work ok?
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Baltovibe

Post by Baltovibe »

I had a similar problem when it snowed. I would drag snow into the Vibe from my boots onto the floor mats, and apparently the sun evaporated the moisture in the closed-up Vibe to the windshield. Then it would freeze, requiring scrapping.It only has happened when it snowed.
That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse.(Romans 1:19-20)&nbspWhat do you want most in life?
kostby

Post by kostby »

SEARCH to the rescue!Here's a a similar thread from about a year ago -->http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=14096

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
21Rouge

Re: icy windows - on the inside (Baltovibe)

Post by 21Rouge »

Quote, originally posted by Baltovibe »I had a similar problem when it snowed. I would drag snow into the Vibe from my boots onto the floor mats, and apparently the sun evaporated the moisture in the closed-up Vibe to the windshield. Then it would freeze, requiring scrapping.That is true. In the winter slush, snow, ice, water is absorbed into the carpeted floor area and so the inside of the car is humid; overnight the water in the air inside the car 'touches' the cold of the windows and freezes.
Digger

Post by Digger »

Sounds like you need to run the A/C for a bit to dry up the extra moisture in the carpeting. You arn't missing the plugs from the fender wells or your sun roof is leaking?
2005 AWD What's your story?It's a wonderful thingMomma always said "Help that is not helpful, is no help at all"
POLO

Post by POLO »

Strange,me too i got the same thing,only in the driver side area,The first time since i got my Vibe.
Atomb

Re: (Digger)

Post by Atomb »

Quote, originally posted by Digger »Sounds like you need to run the A/C for a bit to dry up the extra moisture in the carpeting. You arn't missing the plugs from the fender wells or your sun roof is leaking? or just make sure your heat is set to feet (only or along with dash/window) and that should help evaporate much of the moisture while you're driving.also, keep it so that it circulates with outside air...that will let the moisture escape into the dry cold nighttime air....
I have signatures turned off so I'm not even sure what mine says in this space!