Carbon Fiber Hoods!!!!!

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
JoeVibe

Carbon Fiber Hoods!!!!!

Post by JoeVibe »

I contacted Seibon International to inquire about the possibility of creating CF hods for the Vibe. They replied with this:____________________________________________________________Yes we can custom-make parts. But to be honest, these are usually pretty lengthy processes that involve taking in some original parts to make the mold, and it takes about 6-8 weeks to make one. You also need to make some deposits. The price can range anywhere between $800 to $2000, depending on the structure and complexity or the item. If you're very serious about this, please let us know and we'll discuss it in details.Seibon International, Inc.20519 Walnut Dr. Unit C-5Walnut, CA 91789 http://www.seibon.comsales@seibon.com 909-444-5900_____________________________________________________The reason I chose to contact them in reference to this because when I was a member of http://www.celica.net, I almost bought a 5th Generation Carlo Sainz style CF hood from AFS Motorsports, who purchased them from Seibon. By the time the process was complete, and the group buys were done, the cost was right at $550-$650 USD per hood. they havesomeawesome stuff, so take a look and lemme know what you think. By the way, they make CUSTOM hoods, so if you want an EVO hood, one of those reverse-induction prelude hoods, or whatever, they can do it, and it'll line right up and latch down with your regular hood latch.Joe Compton1500mi in Vibe in Germany"This thing loves the Autobahn!"
ZubenElGenubi

Re: Carbon Fiber Hoods!!!!! (JoeVibe)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Looks like some nice work, JV. Wonder how many Vibers would have to put in an order to get the same kind of "group buy" price you saw at celica.net?
JoeVibe

Post by JoeVibe »

I tried going back to http://www.celica.net and searching for the group buy option, but I just can't seem to track down the # of buyers... However, I did see a few people who bought one for $620 USD. Still not a bad price for what you get. Also, there apparently were a couple complaints on latch fitment and hood rattle at speeds of 60+mph... The best answer found for the latch was generally to raise your mechanism up using washers, and that fixed it. The other problem is basically a no-brainer...Hood Pins. Nobody should be driving around with a CF hood without them, anyways... The CF hood only weighed in at 10lbs 7oz. Right now, Seibon and Vis are our only choices on the hoods, and Vis is the only one with one already in production. No matter what, R&D will end up costing us to get anything new done, but I am just wondering if there is even any real interest in this, or if I should put it on the backburner for a while?
AKLGT

Re: (JoeVibe)

Post by AKLGT »

hey, calgarians, where'd jackie get her spiffy new cf hood for her celica? it looks pretty sweet.. but i don't like cf.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
celica girl

Post by celica girl »

Seibon makes GREAT hoods. Mine is VIS. The quality is still very good. They are cheaper too.
JoeVibe

Post by JoeVibe »

Unfortunately, Vis only makes ours as Stock, not anything special :^( Hopefully Vis will step it up a notch for us, as I would happily purchase from them. They have great quality, and very good customer service :^)Oh yeah, that's a really nice and clean Celi you have there! Congrats!-Joe
Evanshall

Post by Evanshall »

you can paint CF so it matches the rest of the car right?
slbpsi63

Re: (Evanshall)

Post by slbpsi63 »

yes you can, usually you only paint c/f if you hood has blemishes on it. It not you leave it alone, or just paint a custom design.
Base Vibe, Shadow Monotone, 5sp.
Psychobroker

Re: (JoeVibe)

Post by Psychobroker »

Quote, originally posted by JoeVibe »Unfortunately, Vis only makes ours as Stock, not anything special :^( Hopefully Vis will step it up a notch for us, as I would happily purchase from them. They have great quality, and very good customer service :^)Oh yeah, that's a really nice and clean Celi you have there! Congrats!-JoeI had been going back and forth with VIS over the past few months with no luck...simply not enough demand for non-OEM CF Vibe hoods
AKLGT

Re: (Psychobroker)

Post by AKLGT »

i am not a huge fan of bcf in general. i would paint my hood same color, but that's again why i chose MONOTONE and not 2 tone. all a matter of preference.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
savedbyzero

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by savedbyzero »

I find that CF hoods are nothing more than eye candy, that is if you like them. They really do not lower overall vehicle weight by much. Performance gains would be VERY VERY minimal considering cost that goes into them...but hey, if it's the look you want, keep pushing for it. The more parts that come out for the car, the more that will be produced.
THIS IS WHAT I DO...http://www.studiothisis.com