Volunteers for a bodykit needed?

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
ebslopp

Volunteers for a bodykit needed?

Post by ebslopp »

I found this on Erebuni's website: There are certain cars that we are interested in making a new kit. For those cars that we are interested in, we can make a Shogun style ground effect kit under the following conditions. 1. We need you car in Brooklyn, NY for about 2 months in order to make the kit. We can not make a new kit without having the car to work on. 2. It would cost you $3000.00 for a complete new kit made, installed on your car and painted. Any additional work, such as painting the whole car or custom paint scheme will cost more. 3. Your car has to be a light or bright color car, such as red, white, yellow, light blue, etc. Cars that are black or other dark colors such as brown, navy blue, etc we would not be interested in. The real cost of making a new kit, installing and painting it is actually $15,000.00, but since we are interested in making a Shogun style kit for your car we are offering to do it at $3000.00 which hardly covers our cost of materials. If you agree with our requirements then please e-mail us the year, make, model and color of your car and we would notify you immediatley if we are interested in making a new Shogun kit for you. http://www.spoilers.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------2004 Base - TwoTone Neptune - 5 speed There are 10 types of people in life. There are those who understand binary and those who do not.
wicked1981

Re: Volunteers for a bodykit needed? (ebslopp)

Post by wicked1981 »

Quote, originally posted by ebslopp »I found this on Erebuni's website: There are certain cars that we are interested in making a new kit. For those cars that we are interested in, we can make a Shogun style ground effect kit under the following conditions. 1. We need you car in Brooklyn, NY for about 2 months in order to make the kit. We can not make a new kit without having the car to work on. 2. It would cost you $3000.00 for a complete new kit made, installed on your car and painted. Any additional work, such as painting the whole car or custom paint scheme will cost more. 3. Your car has to be a light or bright color car, such as red, white, yellow, light blue, etc. Cars that are black or other dark colors such as brown, navy blue, etc we would not be interested in. The real cost of making a new kit, installing and painting it is actually $15,000.00, but since we are interested in making a Shogun style kit for your car we are offering to do it at $3000.00 which hardly covers our cost of materials. If you agree with our requirements then please e-mail us the year, make, model and color of your car and we would notify you immediatley if we are interested in making a new Shogun kit for you. http://www.spoilers.com $15,000??? What is is out of 24k gold? $3,000 is still pricey For your car being the "test" car you should receive it for free or a real good price this is neither...
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP3.9L V-6 240hp and 241 lb-ft or torque18" Aluminum, five-spoke, flangeless200 Watt, 8 speaker Monsoon sysChrome dual exhaust tipsLiquid Silver MetallicBorla Custom ExhaustDr. Speed Cold Air Intake
AKLGT

Re: Volunteers for a bodykit needed? (wicked1981)

Post by AKLGT »

HELL NO! that's way over priced! sorry, for that kinda money, i'll fb my own kit for far less! i can get a fb place to do some custom work or something... that's just ridiculous!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
russ257

Re: Volunteers for a bodykit needed? (trdvibe)

Post by russ257 »

granted there is a lot of money involved in developing the body kit but to give up your ride for 3 months and then pay them 3000 dollars makes no sense if they sell these kits they can make their money back easily.
'03 VIBE AWDPioneer AVIC-N1MOMO 6.5" componets in frontMOMO 6.5" speakers in rearJL e6450 six channel ampJL 12" w3 subAlpine 120W amp powering the sub
ebslopp

Re: Volunteers for a bodykit needed? (russ257)

Post by ebslopp »

Yeah, it is expensive. But you have to realize that they are not just developing a kit, but also installing and painting it. Plus, you'd be the first one with a custom kit.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------2004 Base - TwoTone Neptune - 5 speed There are 10 types of people in life. There are those who understand binary and those who do not.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

so what! that's still a ridiculous price! and then you're carless for 2 mos minimum! that'd better be a whole new exterior and the roof racks taken off!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
wicked1981

Post by wicked1981 »

Quote, originally posted by ebslopp »Yeah, it is expensive. But you have to realize that they are not just developing a kit, but also installing and painting it. Plus, you'd be the first one with a custom kit.Well how much would it cost them to rent a Vibe for 3 months???
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP3.9L V-6 240hp and 241 lb-ft or torque18" Aluminum, five-spoke, flangeless200 Watt, 8 speaker Monsoon sysChrome dual exhaust tipsLiquid Silver MetallicBorla Custom ExhaustDr. Speed Cold Air Intake
ebslopp

Re: Volunteers for a bodykit needed? (wicked1981)

Post by ebslopp »

Like I said before, it is expensive. If you want a cheaper kit, you're have to wait for more than 3 months. It may not be worth $3000 to you have the first Vibe with a custom shogun body kit by Erebuni, but to someone else it might be a damn good deal. I just thought I post it here for the guys who keep asking where the bodykits are. If they'd be willing to go forward with it, then we would all have bodykits available to us sooner.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=10853 we'll see if this is legit or not!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
ebslopp

Re: Volunteers for a bodykit needed? (trdvibe)

Post by ebslopp »

Quote, originally posted by trdvibe » http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=10853 we'll see if this is legit or not! That just might be the way to go, but I'll have to see pictures. Most cheap bodykits are knock offs of Erebuni or West Wings. So you get what you pay for. Since Erebuni and West Wings don't have a Vibe kit to copy, it will be interesting to see what it looks like.
St. Martin

Post by St. Martin »

I agree, it will be neat to see what it looks like. Question though, if anyone had $15k to spend on a body kit, would we have really bought the vibe? With that kind of add on, you're all of the sudden into BMW or Mercedes territory. Post a pic if and when they get one done. You've definitely piqued my interest.
Sold the vibe.Sorry, GM. I bought an Acura.
redlava

Re: Volunteers for a bodykit needed? (St. Martin)

Post by redlava »

That price is a little steep for me. Doesn't matter if I am the only person with a custom bodykit. And why don't they want a dark colored car? Does that really make a difference?
ebslopp

Re: Volunteers for a bodykit needed? (redlava)

Post by ebslopp »

It wouldn't normally cost $15,000. That's the cost of development (paying artists and engineers), along with installation and painting. I think they want a light color so that it will show the contours in their design better. If you look at some of the other kits they have, it will cost anywhere from $750 to $1000 for a kit that has already been developed (plus installation and paint). Erebuni puts alot of effort in functionality as well as looks. So they do wind tunnel testing and such. That's why it takes so long.
03autovibe

Post by 03autovibe »

if someone would be willing to sacrifice their vibe for 3 months could we organise it so 30 people could contribute 100 dollars? then it would only cost everyone the normal cost of a kit (700-800 dollars) plus thier 100 dollars towards development. i know people dont generally like to trust eachother with their money but this really could be worth it. i would definately be willing to pitch in a hundred.
That is probably the only time a headline could have the words beaver and nipple and not offend anybody. -Jeff Foxworthy
blk182@n7

Post by blk182@n7 »

you coule just go to west coast and get it way cheaper. this place will not be pimping my ride....thats the first time i have ever heard of a place wanting to be paid. gibson took my friends dekota r/t for 2 days and tested headers and exhaust total cost to him $0.00.
2003 Mono Abyss GT,Moon and Tunes17 " Sport Max 929, Eibach Pro SpringsDunlop 215 50/RZ17 tires oem, Coustic 601SE amp, 2 CF1044 10" GM Top Rear Spoiler, Optima 51R Yellow TopAEM Short intake Blue, Progress Rear Anti Roll barFlowmaster Delta Flow 60 Series, Ground wiresDenzo IK 20 5304 plugs,TRD STB Front, Brass Bushings
Smokin' Rubber

Re: (blk182@n7)

Post by Smokin' Rubber »

Wow no kidding what a rip that is...I'm sure you can take a body kit that already made and get it modified for the Vibe for a crapload less then that and at least you know for the most part what its going to look like. Btw does anyone know if someone has installed any spoiler besides the GM ones on their car?
slbpsi63

Post by slbpsi63 »

Quote, originally posted by ebslopp »That just might be the way to go, but I'll have to see pictures. Most cheap bodykits are knock offs of Erebuni or West Wings. So you get what you pay for. Since Erebuni and West Wings don't have a Vibe kit to copy, it will be interesting to see what it looks like.Wings set kists don't cost more than our car!!!!!!!! nor do they charge 3 grand to develop you kit for 3 months.... There is expensive and there is a scam. 3 grand to be first is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
Base Vibe, Shadow Monotone, 5sp.
redlava

Re: (Smokin' Rubber)

Post by redlava »

I remember seeing somebody with a universal wing on theirs. http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=8265
Smokin' Rubber

Re: (redlava)

Post by Smokin' Rubber »

Yeah cause I personally don't really lik ehow the GM spoiler looks it doesn't stick of the back enough it just like sits on top of the car adding to the mayhem on the top of the car (as in teh roof rack) I'd want some kind of a spoiler that looks maybe like and RX 300 spoiler or something to that effect. maybe alittle bit higher and looking more like a spoiler/wing than an extension (which that kind of looks like from the side)
Mavrik

Re: (Smokin' Rubber)

Post by Mavrik »

You can buy the GM Vibe spoilers, either the top or mid... about $250 each CAD.The GM Vibe body kit that comes with them is $3000... depending on the colour of your Vibe it would be primed only.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Smokin' Rubber

Re: (Mavrik)

Post by Smokin' Rubber »

Lol Mavrik did you even read what I wrote?Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »You can buy the GM Vibe spoilers, either the top or mid... about $250 each CAD.The GM Vibe body kit that comes with them is $3000... depending on the colour of your Vibe it would be primed only.Quote, originally posted by Smokin' Rubber »Yeah cause I personally don't really like how the GM spoiler looks it doesn't stick off the back enough it just like sits on top of the car adding to the mayhem on the top of the car (as in teh roof rack) I'd want some kind of a spoiler that looks maybe like and RX 300 spoiler or something to that effect.
Celtic_Curse

Re: (Mavrik)

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »You can buy the GM Vibe spoilers, either the top or mid... about $250 each CAD..I looked into this a long time ago CMP classic won't even sell the spoilers separate and they wanted $998 CAD for it. They said you can't buy them separate at all only comes in pairs. Told him to shove it, and went looking elsewhere. How did you get that qoute Mavrik?
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
Smokin' Rubber

Re: (Celtic_Curse)

Post by Smokin' Rubber »

Yeah I went to the deal before I knew what they looked like and they told me it was $1000 for the two of them
Mavrik

Re: (Celtic_Curse)

Post by Mavrik »

Ouch really? I priced them out with part numbers at the parts counter at the dealership I work at. If they had included my discount, its only 20% anyway.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Psychovibe

Post by Psychovibe »

I used to sell 150 brands of body kits and the only thing is everybody sells cheap copies of everyone elses kits. Erebuni sells copies of everyones kits as their own. Wings West designs and sells only their own stuff. We are designing a body kit for the vibe that will be like noone elses. see the pic. It does cost a lot of money to have a kit produced. $25,000 to build the stuff to produce a urethane kit and about $10-$15,000 to produce a fiberglass kit. There is making a mold and fitment, making sure everything attaches properly, and they have to pay a lot of flunkies to do this work. So all in all it does cost a lot to make a kit ready for the market.I am making a protorype for our kit which is the largest part of the expense. we then are looking to have someone else produce it. It is not yet known if it will be fiberglass or urethane, but you folks will be the first to know.
05 Platinum Vibe GT, Moon & TunesHotchkis 2" Drop SpringsHotchkis Front & Rear Sway BarsSun Hyper Voltage System & Ground WiresMagnaflow Cat Back ExhaustTenzo 18" Overdose WheelsPlasmaglow LED Undercar LightsSoon to be the Wildest Vibe Alive!!!http://www.street-graffiti.com...m.htm