Where to find Xenon light bulbs?

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
Lancer

Where to find Xenon light bulbs?

Post by Lancer »

I'm gonna sound really stupid, but I want to know more about the Xenon headlight bulbs. I looked around and all I could find where the blue Halogen's (which don't look too bad and they're pretty inexpensive). But I like how the Xenon lights really catch your attention. So my dumb question for the day is where can I get a set of the Xenon and do I need to modify anything to run them?
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
masonjl

Re: Where to find Xenon light bulbs? (Lancer)

Post by masonjl »

bulb number is 9003they are a direct replacement of your current bulbs....talk to your aftermarket dealer......ullbergm has them on his vibe too.....
Abyss (Black) GTPower and Moon & Tunes package.mods: headlight covers, rainguards, bugshield, Reflective Black Badge Covers, Eurolights Xenon bulbs (head & fog lights), Purple Cobra Eyes.mods soon: K&N filter, checkered flag graphics, tinting, purple neons, mods eventually: CAI, eibach lowering springs, rims & tiresmods before next millenium: SUPERCHARGER!!
ullbergm

Post by ullbergm »

It's relativly easy to replace the bulbs, ( i had never replaced a bulb before and i did it ;-))Let me know if you want detailed instructions on how to change the bulbs.Here is a list of the bulb numbers you need.http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id ... 63#3863Btw, I got my bulbs from http://www.midnightmoose.com/:9006H4/9003[Modified by ullbergm, 7:29 AM 8/21/2002]
[Modified by ullbergm, 7:30 AM 8/21/2002]
Car: Two-tone Base Abyss, Moons and tunes, Power packageMods: 20% tint, Reflective Black GrafxWerks Overlays, German Hella Horns, Hardwired Valentine One, red interior dome lights, custom cargo floormat, police scanner, ham radio, cellphone kit and a bunch of antennas on topWishlist: Rubber floormats, million dollars
masonjl

Re: Where to find Xenon light bulbs? (ullbergm)

Post by masonjl »

ullbergm, are the fogs that more noticeable??? is it a benefit??? or more for looks??
Abyss (Black) GTPower and Moon & Tunes package.mods: headlight covers, rainguards, bugshield, Reflective Black Badge Covers, Eurolights Xenon bulbs (head & fog lights), Purple Cobra Eyes.mods soon: K&N filter, checkered flag graphics, tinting, purple neons, mods eventually: CAI, eibach lowering springs, rims & tiresmods before next millenium: SUPERCHARGER!!
ullbergm

Re: Where to find Xenon light bulbs? (masonjl)

Post by ullbergm »

i like the way it looks, didnt like the way it looked with white headlights and yellow foglights
Car: Two-tone Base Abyss, Moons and tunes, Power packageMods: 20% tint, Reflective Black GrafxWerks Overlays, German Hella Horns, Hardwired Valentine One, red interior dome lights, custom cargo floormat, police scanner, ham radio, cellphone kit and a bunch of antennas on topWishlist: Rubber floormats, million dollars
masonjl

Post by masonjl »

i see your point.....hey did you notice that the stock bulbs and the xenon bulbs look identical, i thought i had wasted my money at first.....
Triton

Post by Triton »

Do the Xenon bulbs in the headlights and foglights make that big of a difference? And also I seen ulbergm say that the stock foglights were yellow. Is this true? If it is, I am definately changing those out.
***SOLD***2003 Vibe GT Monotone Neptune - Inaugural October 2004 Vibe of the Month***SOLD***

Now the proud owner of Titanium Silver 2012 Kia Optima SX
NovaResource

Re: Where to find Xenon light bulbs? (8th Planet Vibe GT)

Post by NovaResource »

The stock foglamps are white.
Triton

Re: Where to find Xenon light bulbs? (NovaResource)

Post by Triton »

Whew! Thanks Scott.
***SOLD***2003 Vibe GT Monotone Neptune - Inaugural October 2004 Vibe of the Month***SOLD***

ullbergm

Re: Where to find Xenon light bulbs? (8th Planet Vibe GT)

Post by ullbergm »

sorry, my bad. i guess i was asleep when i said that..
Triton

Post by Triton »

quote:sorry, my bad. i guess i was asleep when i said that..No Problem. Beleive me, I know where you're coming from.

MrMke

Post by MrMke »

ullbergm......Your Xenon lights.........did you get the 60/55 watt or the 100/90 watt?
2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE V6250hp, Tinted Windows, Factory HID's, Bose System
ullbergm

Re: Where to find Xenon light bulbs? (MrMke)

Post by ullbergm »

100/90 and 80..
[Modified by ullbergm, 7:50 PM 8/31/2002]
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

quote:100/90 and 80..I know stock headlamps are 60/55 watts. I ended up buying replacement Xenon bulbs at 60/55 watts also.ullbergm, there must be a big difference between the stock 60/55 and the Xenon 100/90, right? Any precautions or worries about putting a higher wattage in the socket?Stock fog lamps are 55 watts. You put 80 watt bulbs there also?If it is safe, the higher wattage may help the 'headlamp adjustment' problem I am having... giving me more light.
MrMke

Post by MrMke »

I also installed the 60/55 Xenon and they look great but I was wondering if the higher wattage would look better and brighter.But I'm also concerned about getting pulled over.Have you had any problems or concerns regarding the higher wattage lights?
[Modified by MrMke, 9:11 PM 8/31/2002]
ullbergm

Re: Where to find Xenon light bulbs? (NSimkins)

Post by ullbergm »

quote:ullbergm, there must be a big difference between the stock 60/55 and the Xenon 100/90, right? Any precautions or worries about putting a higher wattage in the socket?The only thing im worried about is the foglights. a friend of mine has a S10 and he put the high wattage bulbs in his truck. After a month or so he melted the foglight enclosure, but he never turns his foglights off.. i usually dont have mine on. His regular lights are fine.quote:Stock fog lamps are 55 watts. You put 80 watt bulbs there also?yes
ullbergm

Post by ullbergm »

quote:I also installed the 60/55 Xenon and they look great but I was wondering if the higher wattage would look better and brighter.But I'm also concerned about getting pulled over.Have you had any problems or concerns regarding the higher wattage lights? i haven't had any problems at all. I've never even heard of anyone getting in trouble for xenon bulbs. A friend of mine has a Dodge Dakota, he's had xenons for over a year without any problems. And he sits a lot higher up than we do..
[Modified by ullbergm, 8:27 PM 8/31/2002]
vb4444

Post by vb4444 »

I need help installing my Xenon-whites, I cannot figure it out?????
Vinny-MacCar: '03 GT Naviation - 6Disc -Power Package - ShadowMods: Rims (Konig-Verdicts)Tires (225/40r 18" Kumho)Momo Red/Silver Racing PedalsProgress 2.2" lowering SpringsWindow TintVIBE plate replacing front License PlateGrafixWorks DecalsStickers (GTr - Got Balls? - Yamaha)Future Mods: Injen CAI
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: Where to find Xenon light bulbs? (vb4444)

Post by NSimkins »

quote:I need help installing my Xenon-whites, I cannot figure it out????? Where are you stuck? Have you removed the existing bulb from the housing yet?
MrMke

Re: Where to find Xenon light bulbs? (vb4444)

Post by MrMke »

vb4444.......just pull out the plug assembly for the original light. Then pull out the black boot. Then pull the retaining clip towards the drivers side and the bulb should come out.
[Modified by MrMke, 11:05 AM 9/2/2002]
masonjl

Post by masonjl »

no complaints from me, and i followed ullbergm and got the headlights and foglights replaced.....man do i ever have clear vision.......
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

quote:no complaints from me, and i followed ullbergm and got the headlights and foglights replaced.....man do i ever have clear vision.......Are you using the same wattage as ullbergm, or are you using the stock wattage for the bulbs?
ryno63go

Post by ryno63go »

I sell motorcycle parts and a company called Lockhart Phillips (lockhartphillipsusa.com) carries Xenon bulbs, glow bulbs, and a few different little trick ones. I put a set of standard H4 bulbs 100/55w with Blue Hue in mine this morning. I figure that the 100w high would be good for low visibility and 55w wouldn't kill oncoming cars as bad.
ryno63go

Re: Where to find Xenon light bulbs? (ryno63go)

Post by ryno63go »

Those blue bulbs ROCK! It looks like your floating on a blue glow. But.....my fog lights don't match now. If anyone finds blue 9006 foglights, please let me know.
ullbergm

Re: Where to find Xenon light bulbs? (ryno63go)

Post by ullbergm »

quote:Those blue bulbs ROCK! It looks like your floating on a blue glow. But.....my fog lights don't match now. If anyone finds blue 9006 foglights, please let me know.MidnightMoose sells them:http://www.midnightmoose.com/9006.htm
bassfreak

Post by bassfreak »

wow, reading all these posts makes me want to get some, now anyone know where I can get some in canada? does crappy tire carry any of these?
Steve

Re: Where to find Xenon light bulbs? (bassfreak)

Post by Steve »

I searched the Canadian Tire website with no luck. A trip to the local store brought no luck also. They do have Silvania "Cool Blue" bulbs. 9006 but no 9003/H4. I'm not sure if they are Xenon? When I have more time I'll check other stores in the area.
Regards,Steve
Steve

Re: Where to find Xenon light bulbs? (bassfreak)

Post by Steve »

Pro Auto Accessories on Walker Road in Windsor sells them. They stock the 100W units in both H4(headlights) and 9006(fog). They sell for $39.95CAN for a pair. I'm not sure if I want to put 100W bulbs in place of the 55W bulbs. Let me know if you do it. I wouldn't mind seeing the results. Maybe we could do side by side pictures for the genvibe members.
Regards,Steve
jimmyd815

Post by jimmyd815 »

Just a word of caution. Xenon lights are being stolen from cars nationwide. I read in the paper yesterday about a guy who got pulled over by police for not having his headlights on, guy told cop he did, they went to front and both were shocked to find that the headlights and housing were stolen. So I guess my advice would be to proceed with caution.
EddieandtheVIBE

Post by EddieandtheVIBE »

I just ordered a set from midnightmoose......i actually found midnightmoose selling bulbs on ebay, so i followed them back to their site.I have Xenon in my 97 Olds Acheiva now and they made a huge difference over the stock. And living in a dark rural area that I do, I can use all the light I can get!!
Eddie & the Vibe ABYSS AWD, Moon & Tunes, Power Pak, Side Airbags. Motoring on I-80 every day
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

So to make this point clear...Will the stock wiring handle the Higher wattage bulbs???Those of You who have the higher watt bulbs how long have you been using them in your Vibe?
MadBill

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by MadBill »

Holy time-warp, Batman! 2 years and 4 days between posts...