LED Headlights Kit

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
Post Reply
doubl3d
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:53 am

LED Headlights Kit

Post by doubl3d » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:35 pm

Hey Guys, I would like to share my experience on using LED headlights from XenonPro, quality parts + lifetime warranty (as long as theyre in business ammirite :D)
Last edited by doubl3d on Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Failure was startling, really. So startling that I hardly noticed it at all

Bookworm
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:21 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: LED Headlights Kit

Post by Bookworm » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:43 pm

LED headlights aren't ready for prime time. If you want to use them, fine, but be warned about 2 things.

1) they're sealed off, so the heat is enormous, which will cause the LED's to fail far faster than any other kind of bulb.
2) you're going to blind everyone in oncoming traffic, because people are NUTS in the levels they drive those things.

zbyers
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:12 pm
Location: Sheffield, Pennsylvania

Re: LED Headlights Kit

Post by zbyers » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:06 pm

Bookworm wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:43 pm
LED headlights aren't ready for prime time. If you want to use them, fine, but be warned about 2 things.

1) they're sealed off, so the heat is enormous, which will cause the LED's to fail far faster than any other kind of bulb.
2) you're going to blind everyone in oncoming traffic, because people are NUTS in the levels they drive those things.
Yep. Nothing beats a proper HID retrofit.
Ruby- 03 Salsa, Ray[is]AWD- 04 Salsa AWD, Simon- 03 Silver "Faux by Four"
Raven- 03 Abyss GT, Neptune- 05 AWD, Robyn- 07 Stealth Gray Metallic, Mystic- 09 AWD

GenVibe on Facebook, Everything You Need To Know About Vibes, Great How-To Index

doubl3d
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:53 am

Re: LED Headlights Kit

Post by doubl3d » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:52 am

Bookworm wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:43 pm
LED headlights aren't ready for prime time. If you want to use them, fine, but be warned about 2 things.

1) they're sealed off, so the heat is enormous, which will cause the LED's to fail far faster than any other kind of bulb.
2) you're going to blind everyone in oncoming traffic, because people are NUTS in the levels they drive those things.
:roll:

1) the bulbs come with a micro-fan so your point is not exactly valid. LEDs will last way way way longer than HID and halogen (even a retrofit)

see image of the fan (https://www.xenonpro.com/9006-low-beams ... lights-kit)

2) not if you get proper wattage, kits that are too strong will blind others yes, but those arent DOT approved

get your facts right!
Last edited by doubl3d on Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Failure was startling, really. So startling that I hardly noticed it at all

Bookworm
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:21 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: LED Headlights Kit

Post by Bookworm » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:53 pm

doubl3d wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:52 am
Bookworm wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:43 pm
LED headlights aren't ready for prime time. If you want to use them, fine, but be warned about 2 things.

1) they're sealed off, so the heat is enormous, which will cause the LED's to fail far faster than any other kind of bulb.
2) you're going to blind everyone in oncoming traffic, because people are NUTS in the levels they drive those things.
aw :roll: but LED headlights is really easy to Install. Modern LED headlights are now much easier to install, so you don’t really need the help of a mechanic, That's what I've experienced using the products from https://www.xenonpro.com/led-headlights

But thanks anyway for your advice
That's all it is - advice from someone that's had to deal with too many LEDs, as well as stare into too many headlights put in by people that don't give a CARP about oncoming drivers.

As for easy... You don't need a mechanic to put in much of any headlight bulb.

User avatar
SlammedNiss
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:11 pm

Re: LED Headlights Kit

Post by SlammedNiss » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:22 am

this whole thread seems to come off as some advertisement.
2003 Matrix Xrs Automatic

User avatar
tpollauf
Posts: 3329
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:37 am
Location: Toledo/Oregon, Port Clinton Ohio
Contact:

Re: LED Headlights Kit

Post by tpollauf » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:45 am

No LED headlights for me. I'm one of the many who get annoyed at the SUPER bright lights that some of the oncoming cars that have them, and could not do that to the average driver out there. Getting older certainly doesn't help either as our eyes become more sensitive to night driving. I did check out that website and was interested in replacing my broken dash cam though. So maybe something good came out of this thread!
Image
"everything is modifiable"

doubl3d
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:53 am

Re: LED Headlights Kit

Post by doubl3d » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:26 am

zbyers wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:06 pm
Bookworm wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:43 pm
LED headlights aren't ready for prime time. If you want to use them, fine, but be warned about 2 things.

1) they're sealed off, so the heat is enormous, which will cause the LED's to fail far faster than any other kind of bulb.
2) you're going to blind everyone in oncoming traffic, because people are NUTS in the levels they drive those things.
Yep. Nothing beats a proper HID retrofit.
retrofit is $$$$$ and marginally better IMO
Failure was startling, really. So startling that I hardly noticed it at all

Post Reply