Door Check / Stop

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
Nica1Vibe

Door Check / Stop

Post by Nica1Vibe »

I need to replace the driver's door check/Stopper. My question is this: Is this part the same for front and rear door? Online there is only right or left listed on gmpartsdirect. Also is this part the same for an 04 Vibe and Matrix? Found a cheap one listed on ebay.

Thanks for the help.
andrewclaus

Re: Door Check / Stop

Post by andrewclaus »

Which part are you talking about? Maybe the part number you're looking at will help. If it's the lock striker, my Toyota parts list shows the same number for front and back. But left and right is also the same so I think you're looking at something else, maybe a moulding?
Nica1Vibe

Post by Nica1Vibe »

The door check/Stopper is the arm that attaches to the frame and prevents the door from swinging 90 deg open.
GM (Pontiac) part #88973010 - Toyota part #68620-02061.

I don't know if the front driver is the same as the left passenger. But I would think that the Vibe and Matrix parts are the same.
04 Vibe base
andrewclaus

Post by andrewclaus »

I've been using this Toyota site for part numbers: http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/us/200 ... 8620#68620

It shows the same part numbers for front and rear. So far as I've noticed, parts such as this are the same for the Vibe.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I don't know what part numbers and if various ones are interchangeable, but both my front door checks are shot (no friction) so if you find a part that fits for a good price, let us know what you got and where.

And Welcome to genvibe!
Nica1Vibe

Post by Nica1Vibe »

That's the same Toyota part number, minus the extension, that I have. I have found them on numerous sites and they list only two parts number -left and right side but I called a local GM dealer and I was told there is a different part # for the rear. But as long as the Toyota/Pontiac parts of the same, regardless of #, I can find a good deal on ebay.
04 Vibe base