Where to find oem headlight socket pigtail and how to wire it

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
Shrillcaleb153

Where to find oem headlight socket pigtail and how to wire it

Post by Shrillcaleb153 »

I'm looking for a headlight pigtail socket for my headlight. I think the wiring might be too sensitive to have one of those generic ones from auto zone. I need to find an original one. Or if someone can tell me what wires to match up with a generic one that would be great too!
Mark

Re: Where to find oem headlight socket pigtail and how to wire it

Post by Mark »

I used a generic Auto Zone socket a few years ago to replace one of the ones on my 04. Sorry I don't remember the wiring, but it was easy to figure out with a simple volt meter. I probably found the right combination by searching on here, it's always the first place I search for Vibe questions.
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite
niknik

Post by niknik »

toyota 90980-11314

This is p/n of the connector for the headlight
SlammedNiss

Post by SlammedNiss »

Shrillcaleb153 wrote:I'm looking for a headlight pigtail socket for my headlight. I think the wiring might be too sensitive to have one of those generic ones from auto zone. I need to find an original one. Or if someone can tell me what wires to match up with a generic one that would be great too!
Do you have HID or something? If no, it should only be 3 wires (low/high/GND) so it's not it's a fancy car that takes resistors to unlock/lock on the same wire. You should need a female 9003 (correct me if I'm wrong guys, I own a Matrix) plug like THESE HERE. Then just hold the plugs parallel to each other and match up the wiring. And use solder and heat shrink. Don't cheapen it with crappy connectors. Your headlights are an integral part of safely driving and deserve no less.
2003 Matrix Xrs Automatic - SOLD :'(
2011 Rav4 Sport
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

SlammedNiss wrote:Do you have HID or something? If no, it should only be 3 wires (low/high/GND) so it's not it's a fancy car that takes resistors to unlock/lock on the same wire. You should need a female 9003 (correct me if I'm wrong guys, I own a Matrix) plug like THESE HERE. Then just hold the plugs parallel to each other and match up the wiring. And use solder and heat shrink. Don't cheapen it with crappy connectors. Your headlights are an integral part of safely driving and deserve no less.
You are correct H4/9003. Also second soldering and heat shrinking.

The trick question is, are we inquiring about a first gen (03-08) or a second gen (09-10)?
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
Mark

Post by Mark »

If I remember right the trick was getting the DRL/high/low wired correctly. I used a volt meter to compare with the other side. Then soldered, heat shrink and wrapped with tape.
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite