Splash Guard Part Numbers Please

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
steadfastash

Splash Guard Part Numbers Please

Post by steadfastash »

A couple years ago, I tore loose the engine splash guard directly behind the front bumper on my 2009 Vibe GT. When it happened, I was on a day long road trip and didn't have any duck tape or extra fasteners with me so I had to just let it drag. The road basically sanded off so much of the splash guard that it lost all of the connection points and a fair amount of the guard itself. Once I was able to do anything about it, I just used a ton of duck tape to hold it up in place and to act for the missing section. That worked okay until a couple months ago. Duck tape now has those perforations that make it unusable so I upgraded to Gaff Tape. The new tape wouldn't stick anymore and the loose guard basically pulled loose the surrounding guards as well. This last month, I just crawled underneath and removed the last of that single guard and zip tied the other guards back up. But now the two guards that were directly behind the big guard have melted and pulled loose of the zip ties and are dragging. I think it's affected my mileage, too.

I want to buy new guards to replace the two that are now dragging and possibly the original torn guard. I searched this forum and can't figure out which guards I need and which fasteners go with them. What part numbers do I need?

Thanks
vibenvy

Re: Splash Guard Part Numbers Please

Post by vibenvy »

Hopefully the diagrams here and here will help you figure out what parts you need. I would suggest plugging the part numbers (example; GM #19170829) into Amazon and/or eBay to find cheaper prices though. GMPartsCenter.net is a great place to deal with though and depending on how much you would be spending, they are currently offering 10% off any order of $150.00 or more when you enter discount code TIME2SAVE at checkout. This code is valid until October 7, 2017.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage