Can Gen. 3 vibes be lowered with TEIN springs?

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
Exvita

Can Gen. 3 vibes be lowered with TEIN springs?

Post by Exvita »

Hey everyone, I'm new! I have an '09 Vibe GT (Red) and want to lower it a little bit. Does anyone know if the TEIN springs will lower an '09 vibe the same way it will lower an '08? I don't have a lot of mechanical knowledge to do it but there's shop in my area that I think will help me.
2009 Vibe GT Lava Red

Ex vitae: Out of Life
runningslow

Re: Can Gen. 3 vibes be lowered with TEIN springs?

Post by runningslow »

Yes. You can lower any Vibe on springs.

FYI - 09-10 is Gen 2.
03-04 is Gen 1
05-08 is Gen 1.5. Nearly identical to Gen 1 in every meaningful way. Same exact cars with a different front bumper and grill

EDIT... you might not want to take my word for it, but I believe springs from an 03-08 will an 09.
EDIT 2... The pics are AWOL thanks to PhotoBucket, but here's a thread about an 09GT on Tein S-Techs viewtopic.php?f=26&t=39507
viewtopic.php?t=43913
EDIT 3... Welcome! If you plan on sticking around, why not go introduce yourself in the Lounge. We'd love to see pics of your GT.
Josh
2005 Vibe GT ~ Platinum
2006 Vibe ~ Lava, Base, Auto
2005 Corolla S ~ Silver Streak Mica, Manual (Wife's)
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Exvita wrote:Hey everyone, I'm new! I have an '09 Vibe GT (Red)
As runningslow mentioned, introduce yourself (update location in your profile) post pics of your Vibe too. One of them may resemble one of mine 8-) Location is key as you could one of our neighbors and could personally help you out if so ;)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Exvita

Post by Exvita »

runningslow wrote:Yes. You can lower any Vibe on springs.

FYI - 09-10 is Gen 2.
03-04 is Gen 1
05-08 is Gen 1.5. Nearly identical to Gen 1 in every meaningful way. Same exact cars with a different front bumper and grill

EDIT... you might not want to take my word for it, but I believe springs from an 03-08 will an 09.
EDIT 2... The pics are AWOL thanks to PhotoBucket, but here's a thread about an 09GT on Tein S-Techs viewtopic.php?f=26&t=39507
viewtopic.php?t=43913
EDIT 3... Welcome! If you plan on sticking around, why not go introduce yourself in the Lounge. We'd love to see pics of your GT.
Thanks for the FYI, I actually had no Idea lol. I probably will visit the lounge soon, but RN I only get Wifi at my High School so my ability to connect is limited. But I will be posting pics soon. The paint's a little scratched due to a fun little incident involving hydroplaning and some sliding, but nothing that can't be buffed out. And also, thanks for the info!
2009 Vibe GT Lava Red

Exvita

Post by Exvita »

tpollauf wrote:
Exvita wrote:Hey everyone, I'm new! I have an '09 Vibe GT (Red)
As runningslow mentioned, introduce yourself (update location in your profile) post pics of your Vibe too. One of them may resemble one of mine 8-) Location is key as you could one of our neighbors and could personally help you out if so ;)
Mine looks very similar to your's on my left. But Yeah, I just signed on so I'm still trying to figure out the layout of everything, but I will definitely be updating my info soon.
2009 Vibe GT Lava Red