1st gen hitch?

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
jayoldschool

1st gen hitch?

Post by jayoldschool »

Can anyone tell me if this will fit a first gen?

Caretaker

Re: 1st gen hitch?

Post by Caretaker »

Yep, it sure looks correct. The first and second generation models (non GT I believe) use the same one. I removed my Hidden Hitch from my first gen AWD and put it on my second gen base model without..............................wait for it...................a hitch.

If you have had the 6 hitch screw holes exposed on your car since birth, you will need to shove a wire brush into each hole to scrape out the accumulated crud. The holes did not come with plugs from the factory. Shoot a whole bunch of WD-40 up each hole after you wire brush it clean to get the threads as receptive as possible.
jayoldschool

Post by jayoldschool »

I figured they were the same after checking the Curt website, it's the same PN for both generations.

Yes, my car is a salty region one, and those holes will be nasty. I've got a full tap set, so no big deal. Do you know what the bolt size is? Hopefully the hitch comes with hardware, but want to be prepared if it doesn't.
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

I cannot remember the size of the bolt; sorry. I'm sure each website states whether it comes with the bolts and washers. If not, I'd call the company you are thinking of buying from to let a human tell you what their website may have omitted.
jayoldschool

Post by jayoldschool »

No worries, it's a used hitch. I'll just get the size from my tap if I can't find it on the Curt, Uhaul or Hidden Hitch site. I probably have bolts here that will work.
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

This thread could be of interest to you: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=8244&p=467916&hili ... ts#p413619
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
jayoldschool

Post by jayoldschool »

Great link, thank you! I'll check my tap set for M12x1.25.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Yep, definitely going to need one of these
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
jayoldschool

Post by jayoldschool »

Picked up the hitch, it fits perfectly.