tail light?

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
nugentc

tail light?

Post by nugentc »

This is a very "dumb question," I admit. On the 2003 Vibe tail light assembly, what is the 3rd (bottom) red section for? Is it ever supposed to light up? The top red section is the brake light, and middle amber sections are the turn signals. This 3rd section doesn't seem to have a bulb in it. The white circular light in the back bumper seems to be a back-up light. Everything lights up except for that bottom red section in the tail light assembly. What's it there for?

Also, can you get pulled over for a bulb being out (cracked assembly) in the white circular light in the front bumper? Is this a fog light?
ColonelPanic

Re: tail light?

Post by ColonelPanic »

The bottom section of the tail light does not light up... It has no bulb, just a reflector.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
nugentc

Post by nugentc »

Thank you, ColonelPanic!

Anybody ever been pulled over for a front fog light being out? I would need a whole new assembly here and am hoping to not spend money on that right now. But also, a new assembly is probably cheaper than a ticket, so I'm not sure which way to go.
MacGyver

Post by MacGyver »

Just shut off the fog light switch, nobody will notice. And fog lights aren't required equipment. If you are concerned the police in your area are going to harass you for a front fog light, then let me know where that is, so I can avoid it. :lol:
2009 Vibe Base
petervivian

Post by petervivian »

A lot of base model cars don't even come equipped with fog lights. I will just use some tape to prevent the water from getting into the socket.
05 Vibe (Frosty), 13 VW CC (Fortana Red)
nugentc

Post by nugentc »

Good points! Thanks, everyone!