Plastic Panel Clips

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
blue_can

Plastic Panel Clips

Post by blue_can »

I was recently under the car and noticed that several of the plastic panel clips such as the clips on the splash shield were missing - looks like they just popped out at some point.

Does anyone know the correct size of these clips and a good source for them. The local auto parts store has many sizes and it is always tricky to figure out the correct size plus they are really expensive for just a few clips.

I do see places like Amazon sell them at more reasonable prices but again not quite sure what the correct size is.
'07 Vibe
petervivian

Re: Plastic Panel Clips

Post by petervivian »

They are very inexpensive on ebay though it may take a while to receive them. Just search the GM part number.
But personally I prefer zip ties. They last much longer.
05 Vibe (Frosty), 13 VW CC (Fortana Red)
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Napa has a good selection of plastic clips. Lowe's has some too. Lowe's tends to be very inexpensive.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
djan2000

Post by djan2000 »

I have used zip ties also for many of the vacant holes, and they work well. But, there are a few holes that I can't get the zip ties to work - where it looks like the plastic clips are actually needed. So, I'm also looking for some inexpensive clips.
2009 Vibe GT Red Hot Metallic
blue_can

Post by blue_can »

Thanks guys - interesting idea about zip ties - never thought about that - might try it.

I think I will measure the hole diameter with my digital calipers and based on that see if I can order a match from an online source. Getting the correct fit is part of the challenge - in the past I've often had to guess about the size and purchase some clips from the auto parts store and they don't fit - at that point one has wasted some money for a few clips.

I have the factory manual and don't see any reference to the part numbers or any information on the clips but I will check again - could have missed it since there is a lot of info in the manual.
'07 Vibe
petervivian

Post by petervivian »

Look for the part number on some online GM parts store. Then you can easily get them on ebay.
petervivian

Post by petervivian »

Just like this
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (46.76 KiB) Viewed 3611 times
blue_can

Post by blue_can »

petervivian wrote:Just like this
Great suggestion - did that and can see several cheap replacements on eBay and Amazon. The ones on Amazon also have dimensions so I will check the hole diameter with my calipers just to double check before ordering.
'07 Vibe
blue_can

Post by blue_can »

Based on the part number and some searching I finally settled on the following - it was hard to figure out if any of the ones I located would even fit.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003U ... UTF8&psc=1

Not exactly cheap but as a prime member there was no shipping charge. Good fit and looks like the OEM clips. I searched and found about 6 clips had gone missing.
'07 Vibe
djan2000

Post by djan2000 »

Good to know about these - thanks.
2009 Vibe GT Red Hot Metallic