Any experience with Plastidip?

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
Pugz

Any experience with Plastidip?

Post by Pugz »

or any other related product? i would like to black out my badges and possibly smoke my head/tails(not dark, just smoke them). i would rather go with a tint for the lights but i dont want to tackle that project with the angles our lights have, and i cant find a place around me that tints lights.

also thinking about going for some yellow lamin-x for the fogs.

*whole on the subject of lights, my dome light seems to be buggy. it doesnt want to work unless i wiggle it. any suggestions there?
jolt

Re: Any experience with Plastidip?

Post by jolt »

Have you looked here? https://duckduckgo.com/?q=tint+headligh ... &ia=videos

I have no experience with this because I do not want to be a police magnet. Check federal and state laws before you go any further. Most states are very specific about the color of tail, side marker, license plate, and head lights.

In the search above, you will find this link that you want to read: https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/vht ... ay.223007/

*Wiggling your dome light to get it to work would be a indication that you have bad or dirty electrical connection on the item you are wiggling. Take it apart and clean the connections with sand paper or a Scotch-brite pad. You may need to solider bad joints.
Pugz

Post by Pugz »

im not too worried about the cop thing because im not going black like a lot of people do. i just wanted a slight smoke tint. not necessarily important, and if it looks too hard, i wont bother. i do want to dip my badges though.

i figured it was a bad connection, just dont know how to go about taking it apart to find out - as ive never done that before.
mysteriousem

Post by mysteriousem »

Pugz wrote:i figured it was a bad connection, just dont know how to go about taking it apart to find out - as ive never done that before.
I had so many electrical problems in my old Astro van. Electrical issues are the woooooorst. I think if it were mine, I'd probably be asking myself how badly I really need that light. :lol:
Pugz

Post by Pugz »

mysteriousem wrote:
Pugz wrote:i figured it was a bad connection, just dont know how to go about taking it apart to find out - as ive never done that before.
I had so many electrical problems in my old Astro van. Electrical issues are the woooooorst. I think if it were mine, I'd probably be asking myself how badly I really need that light. :lol:
honestly, thats the route im going ha. i dont ever keep them on, just nice to have. if it were an easy fix, id do it. i can get lazy at times lol
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage