2nd Gen GT Spoiler

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
Dairgo

2nd Gen GT Spoiler

Post by Dairgo »

Has anyone put some loctite on their '09-10 GT spoiler nuts and bolts to hold them secure?
tpollauf

Re: 2nd Gen GT Spoiler

Post by tpollauf »

Probably not a bad idea BUT mine is still solid as when new (only 20kmiles) but juniors I believe we tightened the nuts when we installed the new high mount brake light some four years ago. I've heard that these are known to loosen up over time. Yours must have come to that point finally :x
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

It was at that point before... When I had the windows tinted, the guy removed the rear trim pieces. I was able to put on all 3 bolts as they had fallen off. Thinking of going to visit that guy again and have him take off the trim piece so I can put some loctite on the threads and secure the 3 under the trim.
enfield577

Post by enfield577 »

I was fixing to post a thread, asking if anyone else's 09-10 GT spoiler was loose, then I saw this. :D

At 56K miles, I have been noticing recently that my spoiler moves a little bit, up and down, that I had not noticed before. So I'll be tightening those nuts ...
2009 Vibe GT Red Hot Metallic 2.4L
Garage - viewtopic.php?t=34799
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

Put some loctite on em!
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

I do actually remember someone on here saying they put Loctite on the nuts on their spoiler. I can't remember who it was or what thread it was in, but I definitely remember reading it :P! I check ours every so often. I should probably just put some Loctite on them one of these days :|...
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage