good hood scoops???

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
TraumaForYou

good hood scoops???

Post by TraumaForYou »

Anyone know of any good functioning hood scoops I can get for my hood? I am trying to find a scoop for my short ram intake. Obviously I'm gonna paint it and get it nicely attached to the spot I need it at. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a good scoop.
Blanco_Diablo

Re: good hood scoops???

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Not a scoop but RK sport has a few hoods, a bit pricier though:

http://www.rksport.com/category-s/1943.htm
TraumaForYou

Post by TraumaForYou »

Blanco_Diablo wrote:Not a scoop but RK sport has a few hoods, a bit pricier though:

http://www.rksport.com/category-s/1943.htm
Those are nice but I dont have the money to spend on a new hood. I would rather just attach a functional scoop.
MrManager

Post by MrManager »

The only way to make an attached scoop functional is if you cut a hole in the hood. That said you can buy one and have it cut then welded, and have the hood repainted.
2009 Vibe GT
TraumaForYou

Post by TraumaForYou »

MrManager wrote:The only way to make an attached scoop functional is if you cut a hole in the hood. That said you can buy one and have it cut then welded, and have the hood repainted.
That's what I had planned on doing. Cutting and attaching. I was trying to see if anyone knew of any good scoops.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

TraumaForYou wrote:Those are nice but I dont have the money to spend on a new hood. I would rather just attach a functional scoop.
By the time you get a scoop, have a hole cut in a hood, have the scoop attached to the hood and have the hood re-painted, you're probably going to spend significantly more than you would just buying an aftermarket hood. Just something to think about...
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
TraumaForYou

Post by TraumaForYou »

vibenvy wrote:
TraumaForYou wrote:Those are nice but I dont have the money to spend on a new hood. I would rather just attach a functional scoop.
By the time you get a scoop, have a hole cut in a hood, have the scoop attached to the hood and have the hood re-painted, you're probably going to spend significantly more than you would just buying an aftermarket hood. Just something to think about...
So you believe that even though I have all the necessary tools to have the job done that I would be spending more in the end? Very very unlikely. A hood that is give or take a good couple hundred dollars is going to cost significantly more than the job I'm trying to do. I appreciate your concern though! :D
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

TraumaForYou wrote: So you believe that even though I have all the necessary tools to have the job done that I would be spending more in the end? Very very unlikely. A hood that is give or take a good couple hundred dollars is going to cost significantly more than the job I'm trying to do. I appreciate your concern though! :D
Naw !!! The labor of love is what you're in for. Plus you may have to fabricate a scoop to your liking and THEN attach it to the hood. Lots of hours in the shop but very little money involved. Go for it and keep us posted here!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"