Front bumper coming off

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
jeff_j1701

Front bumper coming off

Post by jeff_j1701 »

Hello,

The front driver's side bumper on my '07 Vibe has come detached. I think someone hit it while parking maybe/

Anyway...I can't seem to see any clip (such as on trim) holding it in place.

Does anyone know how I can re-attach it?
Attachments
car damage.jpg
car damage.jpg (205.23 KiB) Viewed 1374 times
'07 Vibe, over 300 000km
Doug14

Re: Front bumper coming off

Post by Doug14 »

i think theres a bolt or screw in the wheel well about half way up and alot of clips that hold it in place
bluneon

Post by bluneon »

just underneath the metal fender between the headlamp and the fender flare is a black plastic bracket. there are tabs on both the bracket and the edge of the bumper cover. these hold each other together. but the corner of the bumper is ripped. there is a 10mm screw that holds the corner to the fender in this corner, this is what keeps the bumper from falling off. you're going to need a new bumper cover because you can no longer secure the cover.

you can try to pop the cover back on, but the corner will still be floating and any light tap or force can pop the cover back off.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

The little tab where the bumper covers screws to the fender broke off. You could try and fix it by getting some high-strength epoxy or JB Weld or something and affix it back into place. It may not be perfect, but it's cheaper than a new cover.