Aftermarket tail lights?

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
Nucleotide

Aftermarket tail lights?

Post by Nucleotide »

Hey all, so I found some rear taillights that I thought would look pretty good on my 06 vibe. However, they are for the matrix and Im not sure if they will fit, even though they're the exact same car.

Here's the link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/371272952834?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What do you guys think? compatible?

If not, could anyone lead me in the direction to some aftermarket tail lights for the vibe? Ive looked everywhere and can't seem to find any.
Doug14

Re: Aftermarket tail lights?

Post by Doug14 »

I would suggest to go to a scrapyard and pull some tail lights off that year Matrix to see if the 3 bolts are in the same position. Another issue is that the matrix has its reverse lights in the tail light housing so if you want those to work you'd have to change the wiring from the bumper mounted Vibe reverse lights. I would like to see how they look on a Vibe, so good luck!
KITT222

Re: Aftermarket tail lights?

Post by KITT222 »

The Matrix lights are a different light than the Vibe lights. Even if the bolts line up, the will no fit right with the Vibe's body. And unfortunately there are zero options for Vibe aftermarket lights. That said I have plans to crack open a set of lights and make a custom set myself. If you look around for people that retrofit headlights you may find someone willing to take on the project of some Vibe taillights.