Leaking sunroof ??

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
lunyty

Leaking sunroof ??

Post by lunyty »

car has been parked for last 4 days,and its rained everyday,,now i have 4 inches of water in rear passenger floorboard.weatherstrip looks great,ac hose connected,front sunroof drains clear,,,(removed)..water seems to be coming from pillar behind rear door ( b pillar ?? )..is there rear drains on the sunroof ,,because i cannot locate them...i know there is drains behind the back tires,but using a hose nothing comes out of them..what is the hose routing from rear sunroof to ground ??..any help appreciated,,if it keeps raining here im going to need a wetsuit to drive this car :( :(
Derf

Re: Leaking sunroof ??

Post by Derf »

Which model year is the car?
Viboflavin removed the interior for audio upgrade, you can see the rear sunroof drain tubes (top down) pictures 21, 29, 30, and 32, look for the clear turquoise tubes, they run from the rear sunroof rail all the way down to the back of the rear wheel well. Likely something stuck in the top causing the water to flow out instead of down the tube.

Link: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=40107" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Possibly a long wire from the bottom up? Or more exploration at the top?
2005 #10,524 Neptune Vibe "Bandit" Auto, Moon & Tunes 235k :D
1991 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8L "Granny's Whip" 142k (33nd Anniversary :o )
lunyty

Re: Leaking sunroof ??

Post by lunyty »

2004,,,,,,yea im going to pull the headliner tomorrow,,when i put water down the gutter it just came out on the headliner,not the drain so its guess its blocked or off,,,,i just wish i could see the rear drains to clean them if their just blocked