Converting Manual Window Doors to Power Windows

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
jlkwiththree

Converting Manual Window Doors to Power Windows

Post by jlkwiththree »

I am looking for decent salvage doors (passenger side) to replace the smashed up doors on my daughter's 03. I found a replacement front door that is set up for power and a replacement rear door that is manual. Both are the same color as my daughter's car so no paint work (hooray!). All the guts in the current doors on my daughter's car are fine. The question I have is whether I am able to swap the innards, window and door panel on the rear door without a ton of metal work on the replacement door, and whether I actually need to swap out the window. Thank you in advance for your input.
Chiadog

Re: Converting Manual Window Doors to Power Windows

Post by Chiadog »

Junk yards have a wealth of information in their cross-over software. they are also a great place to actually look at both set-ups. do you have a pick-pull your own junk yard near you?
jlkwiththree

Post by jlkwiththree »

The salvage yards where these parts were found are within 2 hours of me. I think both are fairly large and likely have this information handy. The one that I plan to visit first has both manual and power doors in their inventory so I could check there. Thanks for the info!
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

A few guys here have done the swaps and YES they will interchange BUT you need the right tools & fasteners to do it properly. Seeing how these doors are the same color, why not just leave them as is. Run a 12 volt power source to ONLY the front pass door and leave it as is. It will make quite the conversation when the occupants are seated there PLUS her friends may all fight over wanting to sit in the front pass seat just so they have the power controls at their fingertips! :lol:
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"