Trailers

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
tribalman

Trailers

Post by tribalman »

I'm looking to get a small trailer, maybe 6' long at most. How many people have trailers and where did you get it from? I'm trying to find one, but I can't find any.

Going to be using it to carry my kayaks and maybe a lockbox around so class 1 is all I need at best, maybe 200lbs of gear at most.
None. Vibe is gone.
beemerphile1

Re: Trailers

Post by beemerphile1 »

You can buy small cargo trailers at Tractor Supply or cargo trailer dealers. You can get cheap DIY bolt together cargo trailers at Harbor Freight and Northern Tool.

My bolt together Harbor Freight trailer is almost 20 years old. It has rolled 40,000 to 50,000 miles. It is on its second set of springs, second set of bearings, and third set of tires. It sits outside 24/7/365 in Ohio summers and winters. It is still holding together but if it ever needs replacing it is less than $250 on sale.
NE Ohio - home to the most successful Pontiac drag racing team in history - Bill Knafel's "Tin Indian" and also home to Summit Auto Racing.
2009 Vibe base 1.8L auto towing 2009 Aliner Sport hardsided pop-up
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

I saw harbor freight has a nice little one that'll work.

Only issue i'm having is the bolts that came with the hitch don't fit the car.
None. Vibe is gone.
pocketwocket

Post by pocketwocket »

I too have a HF trailer. It has hauled everything (with the Vibe) from drywall to a snowmobile. They work well if you keep up with the maintenance on them. Best of all, they fold up and store in your garage. You will have to assemble when you get it. A 10lbs. bag of nuts and bolts comes with it. A compressor w/air ratchet really helps. Go to harbor freight web site. You can download the manual for the trailer. It has plans for wood railing if you want in the back of the manual.
Hope this helps.
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

pocketwocket wrote:I too have a HF trailer. It has hauled everything (with the Vibe) from drywall to a snowmobile. They work well if you keep up with the maintenance on them. Best of all, they fold up and store in your garage. You will have to assemble when you get it. A 10lbs. bag of nuts and bolts comes with it. A compressor w/air ratchet really helps. Go to harbor freight web site. You can download the manual for the trailer. It has plans for wood railing if you want in the back of the manual.
Hope this helps.
thankfully the family member who had one but wasn't initially going to let me touch theirs at all let me fix theirs. only had to redo the wiring and then mod it for my boats. tried to leave as much as possible removable so i can keep it multi function.

None. Vibe is gone.
annabanana

Post by annabanana »

Before you get a trailer, you need to get a hitch. I have an appointment with u-haul to get one installed next week. I will let you know how it goes and take a photo. In the future, I will be hauling a vespa with a u-haul motorcycle trailer. annabanana
annabanana

Post by annabanana »

hitch.jpg
hitch.jpg (22.46 KiB) Viewed 1759 times
rats...uhaul does not let you rent their motorcyle trailers one way...you have to rent them "round-trip"...now I will have to scramble around and find something or rent their utility trailer.
BaseWhiteVibe

Post by BaseWhiteVibe »

I have a Harbor Freight Folding Trailer, they have them on sale all the time! I got mine used and damaged, I fixed it up and it is GREAT!

It folds up nicely when not in use!
BaseWhiteVibe - As Basic As It Gets!