Vibe Pontiac back hatch inlay Neptune Blue

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
Derf

Vibe Pontiac back hatch inlay Neptune Blue

Post by Derf »

06/01/13 Updated with reflective bright blue image

Seems many have added the "Pontiac" inlay to the lift gate of the 03-08 Vibe. Wanted to post some pics on a Neptune Blue Vibe. Thanks to a tip, the Reflective Bright Blue acheived the desired look! First, I tried, Metallic Electric Blue, was to dark, if car is dusty (most of the time) can't tell the difference. Followed directions with inlay, rather than misting used heavy breath to "fog" the area to keep the decals from clinging. To apply, toothpick (if available curved dental pic) and Q-Tip are a must:

Inlay ordered:
http://grafxwerks.com/shop_detail.php?pid=VIBA2-1196" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Took the Vibe from:

To 2 tone with reflective bright blue, the inlay is a bit more sulte in person, camera angle made a difference:

This was the look with the Metallic Electric Blue inlay:
Last edited by Derf on Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2005 #10,524 Neptune Vibe "Bandit" Auto, Moon & Tunes 235k :D
1991 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8L "Granny's Whip" 142k (33nd Anniversary :o )
ColonelPanic

Re: Vibe Pontiac back hatch inlay Neptune Blue

Post by ColonelPanic »

The reflective bright blue stands out nicely against Neptune. I'd imagine the regular bright blue would be similar.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Derf

Post by Derf »

ColonelPanic wrote:The reflective bright blue stands out nicely against Neptune. I'd imagine the regular bright blue would be similar.
Nice, that was what I was hoping to hear. It is one thing to look at the color chart on their website, another to see it in person, especially when going for an atypical look. See many Vibes in my area but have only seen one other Neptune blue, the rest are gray, black, or orange. How hard was the reflective decal to place? GrafexWerks says reflective decals are more fragile, the "Pontiac" decal takes a bit of planning to install.
Derf

Post by Derf »

Thanks for the tip ColonelPanic, the Reflective Bright Blue was exactly what I was looking for. The reflective material was similar to the stock vinyl, just take your time and the results are great. This time used a dental pic instead of toothpick. The dental pics curved tip made the installation into the recessed areas even easier.