Front Bumper Repair

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
kcblondy

Front Bumper Repair

Post by kcblondy »

I have a 2004 Pontiac Vibe GT. I was backing up today and hit the rear corner of a pickup truck. Now the front driver bumper cover is popped lose. I tried pushing it back in place, and it will stay for a little while, and then works its way back out. The plastic tabs have all broken lose or bent. And I can't tell what happened with the screw (I am pretty sure it is still there). I am not worried about it falling off, it seems pretty secure, but it is not longer even with the rest of the car. Is there any way I can get the bumper cover to stay flush with the rest of the car?
Attachments
car.jpg
car.jpg (114.34 KiB) Viewed 1499 times
A Psycho Martyr

Re: Front Bumper Repair

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

It may not be the bumper that's bent, but the fender :o

doesn't look that way in the pic, but it's definitely possible.

You can undo some of the fender well lining and reach in there to feel around.

That may locate your problem. The bumper isn't too hard to drop down on these things.

Good luck
HatchJunki

Post by HatchJunki »

You should be able to peel the fender liner back without removing any of the plastic retainers that hold it in place. One 10mm bolt I believe holds the fender up and there is a plastic retainer that the bumper should fit snugly into. Check for damage on either of those mounting points for damage. For the plastic retainer you may have to go to a GM dealer to get a replacement
You are driving excitement
leemur

Post by leemur »

Also, crawl underneath and check where the front piece on each side attaches to the bottom ?undercover? They have push pins that break easily. If in a hurry you can zip tie them back together. Just having these break will push the front piece out on the sides, making it wiggle instead of being snugged up..
2004 Fusion Orange, bought new R.I.P. 2009 Carbon Grey 2.4, bought new. 2004 Neptune bought used-2013