Mud Flaps and Eye Lids

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
AustinG

Mud Flaps and Eye Lids

Post by AustinG »

I thought I'd post a few photos in this forum for anyone wondering about installing rally armor's. I've also done up some Plasti-Dip eyelids.

The front was easy; drill holes in the mud flaps (there were already bolts to hold them on). The back was a totally different story though; holes for the bolts had to be drilled in the plastic behind the wheel.

Last edited by AustinG on Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
MaSlade

Re: Mud Flaps and Eye Lids

Post by MaSlade »

Your Vibe is lookin pretty mean!

The flaps look great; I should have bought those over the OEM "mudflaps." They don't even protect against mud very well :(

Awesome job :)
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

I like the mudflaps. Very good work.
ZaredPSU

Post by ZaredPSU »

Do The Eye Lids Effect Your Vision At All, Or block Any Of The Light From The Headlights?
cmpltvertigo

Post by cmpltvertigo »

Never been a fan of the eyelids on the headlights but I am sure it is just a personal preference. I really like the look of the mudflaps however, great job.
AustinG

Post by AustinG »

Yeah, the eyelids do block a little bit of light unfortunately.
Derf

Post by Derf »

AustinG wrote:I thought I'd post a few photos in this forum for anyone wondering about installing rally armor's. I installed some Rally Armor Basic mud flaps. The front was easy; drill holes in the mud flaps (there were already bolts to hold them on). The back was a totally different story though. Holes for the bolts had to be drilled in the plastic behind the wheel.
Thanks, I was looking for pics of aftermarket mudflaps on the Vibe, not finding any, I ended up going with the OEM flaps. The OEM ones fit, but also trying to figure out why they did not put bolts in the back wheel wells for mudflap installation. Have Neptune Vibe, the OEM flaps are gray to match the 03-04 body molding. Looked a little odd against Neptune, so I prepped and applied black rubber undercoating to the OEM mudflaps. Figured paint wouldn't last long once we get back into winter.
MaSlade wrote: The flaps look great; I should have bought those over the OEM "mudflaps." They don't even protect against mud very well :(
Hoping the 1st gen mudflaps have better results. Looks like the 2nd gens are smaller. The rally armor's definitely stick out more to catch the crud.
2005 #10,524 Neptune Vibe "Bandit" Auto, Moon & Tunes 235k :D
1991 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8L "Granny's Whip" 142k (33nd Anniversary :o )
leemur

Post by leemur »

Yeah, I have the 09 molded mudflaps and I'd say they should have been standard issue on all of the cars because they aren't much more than a stylizing flair. You see them on lots of cars straight from the factory. I've often thought about extending them longer with a piece of hard plastic just screwed onto each one.
2004 Fusion Orange, bought new R.I.P. 2009 Carbon Grey 2.4, bought new. 2004 Neptune bought used-2013
AustinG

Post by AustinG »

I was wondering the same thing; to begin with, I didn't feel that great about drilling holes in any part of the car.

Do you have some shots of the newly painted oem flaps/guards?
Derf

Post by Derf »

Posted some pics of how they look:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=41122" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In the pictures they have the rubberized coating applied, in the layout pictures you can see the original gray color near the bolt holes. Need to post a mount picture of the front, appears between 03-05 they had some changes in rocker panel molding that makes it difficult to determine which OEM kit fits which car.

Drilling the holes was not as bad as I thought, its all plastic (no rust down the road) and if the flaps are removed you would not see the holes.
2005 #10,524 Neptune Vibe "Bandit" Auto, Moon & Tunes 235k :D
1991 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8L "Granny's Whip" 142k (33nd Anniversary :o )