Sylvania Headlight Restoration Kit

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
cptnsolo77

Sylvania Headlight Restoration Kit

Post by cptnsolo77 »

I stumbled onto this kit surfing the web & it was top rated by Consumer Reports. What makes this kit different than the others is that it includes a UV protectant in addition to different grades of sandpaper. The results are completely amazing. My headlights NEVER looked this good before. My lenses are crystal clear. Better than when I first bought it 5 years ago. Light output has signifigantly improved with stock bulbs ! I was really blown away at how much better I can see at night. My fiance was really shocked as well. This product works :mrgreen: & has a lifetime warranty. Not sure how long it will last but its better than anything I have used before. I didnt do a before & after pic with the same lense but both headlights were equally hazy & foggy.Definitely worth the 20 bucks at autozone. I clay bared & waxed a month ago & the Vibe looks super sharp after doing the headlights. I really like my car again :lol:

This is the instructional vid : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvdiiXfvkD8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . When the UV coating is applied you will feel like your in a info-mercial......WOW !!....it really does work Bob !! :lol:
Attachments
2CIMG2327.JPG
2CIMG2327.JPG (92.69 KiB) Viewed 2193 times
1CIMG2330.JPG
1CIMG2330.JPG (93.67 KiB) Viewed 2193 times
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
wpgpolice

Re: Sylvania Headlight Restoration Kit

Post by wpgpolice »

I have also head of this stuff as well a FW1 (fast wax) apparently used for F1 racing. I think it is about the same price but you can also use it as wax for the the car. Saw a demo in stores looks pretty good. ;)
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

I'm going to add my two cents: "Wow! It really works, Bob!"
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Just an update : after almost 2 months the headlights look great even in the 80 + temps here in FL. I used the Turtle Wax kit & after a week or so they started getting cloudy again. Very impressive.
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
latinclown3

Post by latinclown3 »

Thanks for telling us about this, one of my headlights has been replaced from an accident and the other is super foggy like yours. It looks like a cat with one eye :( Maybe now it'll look normal. Any idea how long till your next application? Also, I noticed you have RoadBlockR in your doors. How much did you use to do just the doors and did you have to do the all of them?
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Im not sure about the next application, the kit says it has a lifetime warranty. I registered online. They still look really good & have minimal fade. So I cant really tell you. I was thinking of doing it again when the wheather cools off, I put a bit too much UV protectectant on the drivers side lens & it has some streaks. Nothing major, you can only see if you look up close. Since I know its there it bothers me :lol:

As far as the doors I beleive 1 sheet covered both rear doors since they are smaller & 1 sheet each for the front doors. I had left over & used it under the driver & passeneger side floor board. Each sheet is 2' X 4" .The difference is like nite & day. The road noise is MUCH more tolerable on the highway, especially with the new tires. Good luck !
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs