Reputable HID kits

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
josholiver1

Reputable HID kits

Post by josholiver1 »

Looking into getting a HID kit for my 09' GT. I have been looking online for a set of projectors but i cant find any aftermarket headlamp assemblies which is frustrating. I broke down and purchased a plug-n-play kit online last year but when I went to install them they would not fit into the housing. Double checked that bulb was correct size, they just wouldn't fully lock in, again very frustrating. Just wondering if anyone has recently purchased a good kit that fits in the housing, price doesn't matter. I ultimately would like a projector set-up but I fear a retro fit wouldn't last long w the extremes in weather in northern mi. Thanks
XRVibe10

Re: Reputable HID kits

Post by XRVibe10 »

I got 6000K 9006 Bulbs in my Low beams & 3000K H11 Bulbs in my Fog lamps - just used in the stock housings - simple plug & play kit (did not need a relay harness for the lows since its a stand alone system) - The company I have is called Litech, I purchased it from a local vehicle Mod store - I have seen other suppliers around here carry them (google "Litech HID" for sellers - good quality so far & reasonable price (make sure to keep the ballasts away from water, even though they are supposed to be "water proof" to some point - also if needed make sure the plugs on the ballasts are down so water can't get in by the connector weather pack seals - Click the link below my Sig to see some pics of my set up (also remember to aim you lights after) Hope this helps :D
josholiver1

Post by josholiver1 »

Thanks for the reply XRvibe10, I had a bi-xenon setup for my 03', had them aimed correctly and never got flashed. I really like your setup, perfect color temp. Did you remove your headlight for installation? There's hardly any room in there compared to my 03'.
MrHatchWagon

Post by MrHatchWagon »

Thebarber on this site sells kits too, and he seems to have a good success rate with them. He's based in Kitchener, Ontario but I'm sure you could contact him about the shipping.
* Voted May 2012 MOTM! *
How To: Cupholder LED Mod
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

MrHatchWagon wrote:Thebarber on this site sells kits too, and he seems to have a good success rate with them. He's based in Kitchener, Ontario but I'm sure you could contact him about the shipping.
I thought it was just keithvibe? That's who I got my projectors from.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

I can get projector retrofit kits for $150 shipped if you want to DIY.
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

I don't think they have aftermarket headlights for the 09+ vibes =/ When I had the tsx projectors retrofitted I had to buy another set of OEM headlights from the dealer but I was able to resell the other one to another member who also did a retrofit. I've had my retrofit since 2009 and no problem here but I'm in SoCal and we don't have much extreme weather :D

As for the HID kits, I am using the 3Five morimoto ballast and bulbs from retrofitsource. My friend has their 9006 morimoto HID kit on his accord and he's very happy with them, been over 2 years and still going strong.
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
XRVibe10

Post by XRVibe10 »

josholiver1 wrote:Thanks for the reply XRvibe10, I had a bi-xenon setup for my 03', had them aimed correctly and never got flashed. I really like your setup, perfect color temp. Did you remove your headlight for installation? There's hardly any room in there compared to my 03'.
Thanx 4 the set up comment - I love my whiteish/yellow look, I find the Yellow enhances the white low beams - No, I didn't have to remove the head lights - the snout on the fresh air tube for the air intake I removed to give me just a little more room to stick my hand in there (behind the driverside head light that is clipped to the rad cross support) - other than that a steady hand to carefully install the bulbs, the wiring and ballasts are a breeze :D
josholiver1

Post by josholiver1 »

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it