Replacing front fender

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
kazenosword

Replacing front fender

Post by kazenosword »

Recently, I put a large dent into my front driverside fender on my 2006 Pontiac Vibe. The people who caused the dent said they would fix it, but it has been three months and I am tired of looking at it. I have looked into just replacing the fender instead of rubbing it out, but I have no clue how to go about this. I have looked at the part and have decided its not to much to buy. Can replacing the fender be an easy, do-it-yourself project? And if so, is there an easy to understand guide I could follow?
revstohigh

Re: Replacing front fender

Post by revstohigh »

its not difficult if you have body expeience but its one of those thing that if ya have to ask i assume you dont ?
i would get a manual for it if i were you , i havnt done a "vibe fender" but isually its just a matter of loosening the bumper on that side , removing the skirt under the door and removing all the fender bolts
03 GT, t3/t40e rear mounted, aem fic,550cc inj, mwr fuel pump, 2 row rad, trd thrmostat, wmr shifter, tokico struts, st springs, progress bars, 17x7 235/45
kazenosword

Post by kazenosword »

I do not have any body experience. It was just something I was hoping wouldn't be to difficult to try on my own. I would love to learn more about taking care of my car, and this is the biggest thing that has been thrown to me. If I did start this project on my own and got stuck, would I still be able to drive my Vibe to a shop for them to finish the work? I may just go this route anyhow, since it sounds like a quick process.
revstohigh

Post by revstohigh »

Make sure you can either put it back together the way it was or w new part before you get in to deep cause you dont wana drive it to a shop w the fender flapping in the breeze . taking pics as you go and keeping your nuts/bolts organized will help with that . good luck !
03 GT, t3/t40e rear mounted, aem fic,550cc inj, mwr fuel pump, 2 row rad, trd thrmostat, wmr shifter, tokico struts, st springs, progress bars, 17x7 235/45