LED Switchback Signal Lights

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
lance1472

LED Switchback Signal Lights

Post by lance1472 »

Hi everyone

Just wanted to post a few pics with my LED Switchback lights. These are in my front signals and are 30 white LEDs for my Running lights and 30 Amber LEDs for the signal. This is a type 1 switchback from eBay. Check out how it looks installed and how I wired it. I used 50W6ohm resistors to stop my signal from "hyper-flashing". I spliced into the signal wires (Green/stripe and ground wire) with tap-in connectors and no flashing problems occurred. These bulbs are really cool looking and match my HID's and LED Fog lights perfectly... Amber LED's look really cool when flashing.. Sorry about pic quality

White LED on
Amber LED on
Close up of both
Wiring (undid the electrical tape after I forgot to take a pic, lol)

If you do this mod, make sure you mount the resistor FAR AWAY from any plastic parts or wires. It gets really really hot, I used exterior mounting tape and 2 screws on the frame
Wolfman213

Re: LED Switchback Signal Lights

Post by Wolfman213 »

They def look good!!
I've been wanting to do this for the past year and a half, just couldn't justify the purchase yet :/ These were the ones I was going to get, they are about 3/4 of the way down and priced at $30 each for a 60 SMT tower. http://superlumination.com/1156_1157.htm I would much rather have them on with the white while I have my blue halo on as opposed to the amber from stock bulbs.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
Wolfman213

Re: LED Switchback Signal Lights

Post by Wolfman213 »

The place I linked above offers a 50W, 75W, and 100W and the 75 & 100 state that they lower the temperature just don't know if it would have some additional impact somewhere somhow. Do you have any idea?
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage