Has anyone added a GT spoiler to 09 Base?

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
Infinity-x

Has anyone added a GT spoiler to 09 Base?

Post by Infinity-x »

I have found the spoiler and all of its parts and screws for around $150 on a GM part website. My question is how woudl I go about adding the GT spoiler to my 09 Base? I see I have to screw it on or attach it somehow.. do I have to take my current "spoiler" off?

Any advice or insight would help greatly.

Thanks!
vibenvy

Re: Has anyone added a GT spoiler to 09 Base?

Post by vibenvy »

If he doesn't respond here, get in touch with Kincaid. He has the GT spoiler on his 2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic 2.4L Base.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Houston

Post by Houston »

My Vibe is an '09 Base and I had the dealer put one on (see below). Took them about a half-hour - no drilling required. Your present spoiler is first removed.
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.
Infinity-x

Post by Infinity-x »

Thanks for the responses!!

Houston - do you mind telling me around how much it cost you for them to put it on.. (assuming they ordered the Spoiler for you?) if you don't mind.

Thanks
Infinity-x

Post by Infinity-x »

A Psycho Martyr wrote:That spoiler would be a MUST for me if i owned a 09-10.
They look too good :shock:
Yes they look great, especially on his blue 09 Base. However, looking at the pictures, I am not sure if I am willing/ready to spend ~$200+ just to add a couple more inches to the "spoiler/extension piece" that already comes on the base. I think it would look really cool though if I could install the GT spoiler and paint it black, it would really compliment my black and silver color scheme I have going on. Heck, I am always painting parts of my car so I think I am going to photoshop what my current spoiler would look like if it were black.
Houston

Post by Houston »

Infinity-x wrote:Houston - do you mind telling me around how much it cost you for them to put it on.. (assuming they ordered the Spoiler for you?) if you don't mind. Thanks
I just checked the receipt and the total dealer cost for the spoiler, painting and installation was $361. They removed the original and put on the new one so quickly that I'm sure I could have done it myself. Fact is, I kicked myself for not doing it and saving a few bucks. You keep the original spoiler, of course.
2009 Base 2.4L with a few add-ons.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

A Psycho Martyr wrote:That spoiler would be a MUST for me if i owned a 09-10.
Same here. To me, the Base rear ends look too plain...

2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

I bought the GT spoiler online - can't remember who from but it came painted and I think it was about $200. I see that gmparts4u.com has it for $213 now and that might be pretty close to what it was three years ago. The dealership charged $90 to install it.

Someone had a thread on here that may have even had pics - I think you remove the trim piece from inside, exposing bolts and then from there it is simple R & I and then button it up. However, I was nervous about doing it myself. What was the deal with some of the factor installs - wasn't there some rubbing and paint that was removed by the spoiler? I can't remember exactly now, but I did check my car and it wasn't doing it, but others had some paint wearing thin from vibrations, etc of the spoiler.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

Well I did a search for "spoiler" in the thread title and did turn up a few things about how easy it was, but no pictures or detailed description of how it was done. A few people posted that did it themselves, so you could try to send them a message and see if they respond. Unfortunately, I think some of the pics didn't make it over because of the recent forum conversion.
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).