My Vibe's Mirror Is Broken.. Need Advice About Replacement

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
DeanCarey

My Vibe's Mirror Is Broken.. Need Advice About Replacement

Post by DeanCarey »

tHello everyone.First off, I own a 04 Pontiac Vibe. This car’s been so great to me and overall I can’t complain about it, considering that it has generally been problem free for the most part. But enough about my car. The reason I’ve come here is that I’ve got a small problem and I need some advice on what to do. Just yesterday, my wife (she is 71 years old, a great woman) was driving through a residential area (she says she was driving at around 20 MPH) when a driver parallel parked on the side of the street suddenly opened their driver side door. Their door collided with the passenger side mirror of my car and completely damaged it.http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/pa....htmlo ... ...I5NzkTo be honest I haven’t done any online shopping thus far but have heard that one can find great deals ordering products from the internet. I’ve also heard that there exist many website that appear to be legitimate but are actually fraudulent scams. I’d like to purchase a replacement mirror online, but I can’t discern between legitimate and fake websites. I found two sites but now need to know, has anyone purchased from either of the following websites and can testify that they are a legitimate business? The OEM numbers of the parts on the sites match the part I need. Thank you.
trb

Re: My Vibe's Mirror Is Broken.. Need Advice About Replacement (DeanCarey)

Post by trb »

Wow, that is a great price at the second website. No experience with them though. That is even cheaper than the ones I found at a salvage yard near you on http://www.car-part.com I find a LOT of great parts for my cars on there and usually save a lot.I looked around zip 95630 and there are a couple at a place in Rancho Cordova about 12 miles away or so. 2004Mirror-DoorPontiac Vibe RH,Electric; R. 000 A0 07282 $70undmg LKQ Specialized - USA-CA(Rancho-Cordova) Request_Quote 888-967-2787 Request_Insurance_Quote 2004Mirror-DoorPontiac Vibe RH,Electric; R. 000 A0 12349 $80undmg LKQ Specialized - Rancho Cordova USA-CA(Rancho-Cordova) Request_Quote 888-967-2787 Request_Insurance_QuoteMaybe someone else has used them before. Good luck on it!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
vibenvy

Re: My Vibe's Mirror Is Broken.. Need Advice About Replacement (trb)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by DeanCarey »http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/pa....htmlh ... ....I5NzkI haven't heard of either one of those websites, so I would recommend avoiding them. Better safe than sorry.I would however recommend GMPartsCenter.net. I have ordered from them three times with no issues whatsoever. Their prices are great and they ship fast.They list #19205143 for $160.56 + $7.99 handling = $168.55. Through the end of December they are offering 5% off your total order ($160.56). Simply enter the coupon code fan5 at checkout. This would bring your total to: $160.56 - $20.00 (5%) = $140.56 + $7.99 = $148.55 for a brand new mirror.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
bull77

Post by bull77 »

fwiw when my wife broke the pass. mirror off backing out of the garage -- the dealer charge was ~$80....gl
KNINE

Post by KNINE »

I bought a replacement mirror for my car from ebay. It was pleased with it, but I can't remember the name of the vendor. The mirror was black, and luckily for me, my mirrors are also black so I didn't have to have it painted. One bit of advise is to make sure you order the power mirror. As far as I know, all Vibes have power mirrors, but I saw some on line that were not. I don't know why.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
trb

Post by trb »

You know what? I just looked at their Facebook page, and that Auto Mirrors Express is located at 5600 Warehouse Way, Sacramento, CA 95826, which is right by you! I would contact them and see if you can pick the mirror up in person, saving you about $100 for an hours drive or so. They have pics on their Facebook page and it looks to be 3 guys and they have a warehouse of parts. They take Paypal too, which if you don't know, is an intermediary payment service so your credit card is not given to everyone you buy from, only Paypal - which is part of ebay. To me it looks OK, especially if you can stop by and pick it up for cash.***edit*** I just looked at their frequently asked questions on the website, and they do allow local pickup of parts, just arrange a time beforehand.Now if your mirror is a color other than black, finding a used one in the right color might be a better option if you care about it. I found used black, dark red, silver, and red ones located near me in Houston. They don't list the prices online, but two of the places I've done business with before and were pretty reasonable with prices. If you want a painted one, let me know and I can check it out for you.
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car