Custom light bar for 07' Vibe

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
Drivinthvibe

Custom light bar for 07' Vibe

Post by Drivinthvibe »

So I have wanted to install some extra lighting on my 07' Vibe base. I lokked at a few different bars on some other cars and came up with my own ... now i have plenty of light ...and the brightest part of my life ...
keithvibe

Re: Custom light bar for 07' Vibe (Drivinthvibe)

Post by keithvibe »

interesting, but FYI you do know you are breaking the law, right?First law, no lights can be any closer than 12". Anything under 12" looks like one glob of blinding light to oncoming drivers.Second law, no more than four forward facing lights on at one time.Third law, obstructing front license plate.I like the lights, being a light guy, but I wanted to give ya a warning you might be looking at some tickets from local law enforcement.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Drivinthvibe

Post by Drivinthvibe »

They are on separate switches, I would not drive with 8 lights on at a time and in NYS if they are fog lights Ion "Yellow" they can be right next to each other, also in NYS as long as there is a lic plate on the front of the car they don't say a word to ya ..the Round fogs are the only lights i use when in traffic, the spots are just for open road or back roads they rarely have the covers taken off.. but when they are they are on a 3 way switch one way the only come on with the high beams via a relay and the other position they are on and the third position is off completely .. driven past 100s of local Police, State Police and Sheriffs Deputy's all of witch have never said anything or pulled me over .. I also have a few State Troopers in my family and they all have said I am A-OK as long as they are not all on at once ...Fogs:Spots:
Drivinthvibe

Post by Drivinthvibe »

I am also running Piaa Plasma Ion "Yellow" Headlights Plasma Ion low beamSuper White high beam
KNINE

Re: (Drivinthvibe)

Post by KNINE »

I like it.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
PeterR

Re: Custom light bar for 07' Vibe

Post by PeterR »

I realize this is an older post, but how did you mount the lights? Is there a bar somewhere in there?
petervivian

Post by petervivian »

I also would like to put a LED bar on the Vibe. It's stressful to drive the Vibe in the dark place.
05 Vibe (Frosty), 13 VW CC (Fortana Red)
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

Most of those lights can be ordered with brackets that you may screw into the car and then adjust. I just ordered some LEDs spot lights for late night back road driving myself. My HID's low beams are great, but my brights are terrible. Should have them on within a week or so. I'll report back, possible in a new/different thread. If they suck, they just go to a less important vehicle and I try again. lol
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage