Sears Cargo Box $58.74 (today only).

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
Cougar Vibe

Sears Cargo Box $58.74 (today only).

Post by Cougar Vibe »

For those of you who have factory cross bars and have been looking for a cargo box that will work with them, Sears has an X-Cargo (Thule-owned company) 18cft hard carrier for $58.74, today only. Note: This does not come w/the universal mounting kit, which is $19.99 extra.To get that price, you have to order online and apply $5 code "SEARS2011" at checkout. My total, out the door price from Sears Automotive was Links:SearsSlick Deals threadUniversal mounting kit part number: 028-07216.Cougar Vibe
lovemyraffe

Re: Sears Cargo Box $58.74 (today only). (Cougar Vibe)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Good price on a box. A little too tall for my taste, but still a good price.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
Cougar Vibe

Re: Sears Cargo Box $58.74 (lovemyraffe)

Post by Cougar Vibe »

Alright, just got back w/the box (local Sears Auto is First impressions: It's tall...very tall. MPG's will take a hit, but then again it's not like I'll using this 24/7. Also, I verified it's a Thule product (see photo below) and yes, you can "debadge" the Sears stickers quite easily. To mount it, you have to put the front crossbar all the way forward; moonroof still opens, but the antennae has to be temporarily removed. I'll hold off on further opinion until after this weekend; we're going on a little roadtrip up to the mountains, which will give me a chance to put it through the paces. Unfortunately, this is a one-day sale, so by the time I tell you it "rocks" or "sucks," it'll be too late to go buy one. Quickly taken, poor quality photos:
Baltovibe

Re: Sears Cargo Box $58.74 (today only). (Cougar Vibe)

Post by Baltovibe »

Appears dead."This item is temporarily unavailable."Probably will become available again after the sale.
That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse.(Romans 1:19-20)&nbspWhat do you want most in life?
jake75

Re: Sears Cargo Box $58.74 (Baltovibe)

Post by jake75 »

Quote, originally posted by Baltovibe »Appears dead."This item is temporarily unavailable."Probably will become available again after the sale.I ordered a lawnmower on a Sat eve - last day of so called "sale". But the call center is in India where it was already Sunday. So the price charged was the $22 higher new sale price that started Sunday. Ticked me off, no one at sear.com seemed to understand the problem, made me so angry I cancelled. Companies like that do not deserve my business.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
Cougar Vibe

Post by Cougar Vibe »

Shouldn't lawn mowers and such be going on seasonal clearance soon at places like Lowes and Home Depot? Don't get me wrong: If you need a lawnmower, you need a lawnmower (unless your neighbors already hate you). But I've had pretty good luck as far as deals go by buying in late-September or October.
jake75

Re: (Cougar Vibe)

Post by jake75 »

Quote, originally posted by Cougar Vibe »Shouldn't lawn mowers and such be going on seasonal clearance soon at places like Lowes and Home Depot? Don't get me wrong: If you need a lawnmower, you need a lawnmower (unless your neighbors already hate you). But I've had pretty good luck as far as deals go by buying in late-September or October.This experience was 4 months ago. There are also good sale prices at the start of the season and I needed a mower. I actually finally decided to get a Black & Decker 36 volt electric battery model. This is the first year they had a self propelled model. Was $450 vs the $325 I was going to pay for a self propelled gas mower but I no longer have to get gasoline, change oil, plugs etc etc. For my small lawn one charge does it. I am very happy with that choice.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
sideshowalan

Re: (jake75)

Post by sideshowalan »

These boxes are the perfect size for the stock roof rack. Been using mine this past year for camping and general hauling.
2008 Pontiac Vibe
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
(Former 2003 5-speed Vibe owner)
Cougar Vibe

Re: (sideshowalan)

Post by Cougar Vibe »

Thanks for the photo.I test fitted everything this afternoon on my Vibe, ran a ratcheting lash for added security, stood back to admire everything and realized that if I tried to back out of the garage, I would have a Clark Griswold situation.Note to self: Always mount this thing in the driveway.