WeatherTech vs standard window visors

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
BadBrew

WeatherTech vs standard window visors

Post by BadBrew »

I swapped my window visors today because I broke one of my old one while scrapping ice this winter :. I thought I'd pay the extra to have WeatherTech visors this time. Here's a few comparison pics on a 03-08 Vibe (click to zoom):Before:After:Side to side:Totally worth it IMO
2005 Lava Vibe base Garage
blindman10

Post by blindman10 »

Pretty sharp looking...also on my list!
Crabbycrab

Re: WeatherTech vs standard window visors (BadBrew)

Post by Crabbycrab »

Wow, looks great. I just took off my Vent Shades (exact same as your old ones) and was considering replacing with the Weather Tech ones. A few questions si vous plait:Would you describe your experience with the differences between the two in terms of:noisewind passage into the interior with windows down or crackedrain Removing the sticky tape was a nightmare for me, how did it go for you?Merci!
New and improved (png) signature.
BadBrew

Re: WeatherTech vs standard window visors (Crabbycrab)

Post by BadBrew »

Quote, originally posted by Crabbycrab »Would you describe your experience with the differences between the two in terms of:noisewind passage into the interior with windows down or crackedrain Removing the sticky tape was a nightmare for me, how did it go for you?Merci!I've spent a few kms on the highway for the same questions this afternoon I'd say there's a bit less wind noise BUT as the window is sightly open and loose in the weathestrip, on bumpy roads I can hear it shaking and bumping the visor which is a bit annoying.Heavy rain and thunderstorms forecast tomorrow here so I'll check for aerodynamics I don't if it was your case, but my old visor tended to swirl the water on my front windows making them dirtier.As for the old tape, I used a plastic scraper (badge remover) and WD40 as a solvent, finished the job with an old rag and elbow grease. I'd say it took about 90 minutes to clean it off. Had to wash the car thoroughly after, there was oil everywhere!FYI, I ordered from http://www.weathertech.ca/ and got it next day to my door. I wanted to order from the US .com site since it's 40$ cheaper + the current exchange rate, but it's impossible.I'll post updates on my experience this week!
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Quote, originally posted by BadBrew »...on bumpy roads I can hear it shaking and bumping the visor which is a bit annoying.I took off the factory double sided tape before installing mine (it peeled off easily) and replaced it with a thicker 3M grey tape that was also double sided but has some foam height to it. No rattles whatsoever for me. You may want to consider that eventually. Less likely to fall out as some of the rear visors have been known to do over time. Thanks to 06pvibe for that advice.Have had mine a few months, still love 'em
BadBrew

Re: WeatherTech vs standard window visors (Blanco_Diablo)

Post by BadBrew »

Quote, originally posted by Blanco_Diablo »I took off the factory double sided tape before installing mine (it peeled off easily) and replaced it with a thicker 3M grey tape that was also double sided but has some foam height to it. No rattles whatsoever for me. You may want to consider that eventually. Less likely to fall out as some of the rear visors have been known to do over time. Thanks to 06pvibe for that advice.Have had mine a few months, still love 'em I think this is a great advice, but I did clean the weather strip interior with alcohol swabs. It seemed tightly bounded but I'll check it out again in a few days. Thanks!
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

I say it was money WELL spent. Dude, in that picture where they're side-by-side, the old one look like cheap-o'snice improvement
beemerphile1

Post by beemerphile1 »

Wow, the Weathertech have a much cleaner appearance.Keep us posted on how they work regarding noise and rain.
NE Ohio - home to the most successful Pontiac drag racing team in history - Bill Knafel's "Tin Indian" and also home to Summit Auto Racing.
2009 Vibe base 1.8L auto towing 2009 Aliner Sport hardsided pop-up