got bored...

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
skeletron

got bored...

Post by skeletron »

plastidipped the front bumper...not too bad for my first try...
Blanco_Diablo

Re: got bored... (skeletron)

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

That's one big photo man Not bad, you should do the back to match like psycho martyr's.
skeletron

Post by skeletron »

i think i will lol...sometimes boredom can be creative...
LarryKingsShoes

Post by LarryKingsShoes »

I dig that. It looks nice with the red body. It makes me wish that I didn't have cladding on my '03 GT.
Kenwood KIV-700 - Image Dynamics CTX65CS (Front) - Polk Audio db651s (Rear) - Alphasonik PMA640HCA - Kicker ZX750.1 - RE Audio SE Series 12" Subwoofer
CAMOGIRL

Re: (LarryKingsShoes)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

...wonder how that would work on the bare cladding?Quote, originally posted by LarryKingsShoes »I dig that. It looks nice with the red body. It makes me wish that I didn't have cladding on my '03 GT.
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (CAMOGIRL)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Quote, originally posted by CAMOGIRL »...wonder how that would work on the bare cladding?it'll work just fine. Just clean it up before you spray it. No need to sand anything. And if you don't like it, you could peel it off and still have the "untainted" cladding And might I add...that looks really good skeletron. The only reason I won't do mine is because i think my front end wouldn't look as nice due to my bottom grille being one piece. I dunno...just think it would "over-do" it on my car. Looks great on yours tho. And yeah...boredom does often breed creativity
lovemyraffe

Re: got bored... (skeletron)

Post by lovemyraffe »

Looks great! Hmmm...should something like this be in my future?
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
CAMOGIRL

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by CAMOGIRL »

Skeletron.. I was thinking a nice black overlay on that arrowhead from grafxwerks would be an awesome setoff for what you did.Quote, originally posted by A Psycho Martyr »it'll work just fine. Just clean it up before you spray it. No need to sand anything. And if you don't like it, you could peel it off and still have the "untainted" cladding How well does it hold up? I've searched and found many posts where people have said they've done things like the wheels, and I see you have some on the rear bumper, but I haven't found anything as to the longevity of it in these areas. I wondered how well it would peel off of the cladding, its a little different texture bare than it is painted, I wondered if it would grab better and not peel, which would be both good and bad. This might be a pretty good way to go to get my cladding to black (at least temporarily) in a non expensive way.
Well-behaved women rarely make history.
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

skeletron i really like that. works well with the stock grille. nice ride you've got there. i always love seeing ideas like this i never thought of.camogirl you might be better off just covering up the rest of the car and painting the cladding. i have this but its only temporary because i was not sure if i would like the look. so when i get some body work done this summer ill be peeling it off and painting it for real. it still makes me nervous that the edges are going to start peeling up. and the quality just is not quite perfect. when mine dried the first day it looked terrible up close, uneven bubbles etc. but i will say oddly enough after a few days it did even out a lot better. but who knows maybe it could last forever. i don't know whats the longest anyone has used it.
skeletron

Re: got bored... (lovemyraffe)

Post by skeletron »

i like how your rear diffuser looks! nice work...A Psycho Martyr...
skeletron

Post by skeletron »

thanks for all of the compliments guy and gals! this is my wife's vibe so i don't go all out on her car like i did mine lol
Kincaid

Post by Kincaid »

Nice Tibby!
1997 Civic EX sedan w/auto trans2001 Accord EX sedan w/5-spd manual2009 Vibe 2.4L w/5-spd manual, sunroof, monsoon, GT spoiler, Magnaflow muffler and rolled SS tip, lowered on H-Tech springs, window tint, debadged (save the red arrow!).