Defective HID projector

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
BadBrew

Defective HID projector

Post by BadBrew »

I'm having problems with one of my projectors. I'm using the 1st gen UltimateRetrofit (Keith's) kit.It started about 6 months ago when I realized that one of my halos stopped turning on. After lots of testing with my meter everything was looking good so I swapped both headlights if the CCFL lamp was burnt but it turned on no problem.So winter was coming, so I didn't make a big deal of it, I plugged everything back and I just turned off both halos for winter, anyways CCFL and cold don't fit together at all.Then 4-5 weeks ago, the entire headlight turned off for good, no more HID/Halo. I could not do more than the basics to check connections at -15°C...Today, I checked further into it. I always suspected this controller module to be defective from when the halo stopped working: So when I unplugged the large connector from it, there's a nasty burn mark and smells like burned circuits:https://picasaweb.google.com/l...tlinkI also tried to bypass the module to give power into the ballast by using the 9006 connector from the fog light under it with no luck.So I know for sure that the H4 Projector Light Controller is dead, and the ballast might also be dead.Questions:1- What's the exact part number for the separate components of the Projector assembly? (To search EBay, google, etc.)2- Question for Keith: Is there a way to order a separate H4 Projector Light Controller and/or ballast from UR?3- Is there a halogen bulb that could fit in the projector as a temporary replacement?
2005 Lava Vibe base Garage
keithvibe

Re: Defective HID projector (BadBrew)

Post by keithvibe »

How did I miss this thread. SorryI have replacements. PM me and I'll get you squared away.For the future, if someone needs to ask a question, please PM me so I don't miss a thread like this again.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
BadBrew

Re: Defective HID projector (keithvibe)

Post by BadBrew »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »How did I miss this thread. SorryI have replacements. PM me and I'll get you squared away.For the future, if someone needs to ask a question, please PM me so I don't miss a thread like this again.NP... actually I wasn't in a rush, it was a general question for everyone if it ever happen again to someone Answering PM now, thanks Keith!
2005 Lava Vibe base Garage